INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New mount RA/DEC PWM Number for mount balancing

• Thank you received: 13
Dear all,

First of all, thank you a lot for all the work done with indi. This tool really amaze me everyday, and makes so many new things possible for amateur astronomer !
I am now coming with a new requirement I hope will be considered in the future, at least for the mount simulator.

Let me explain, many german equatorial mounts provide a solution to assess the balance of the mount, Losmandy, 10microns, probably plenty of other brands.
I am particularly interested in the Losmandy driver and the simulator, because it is the one I own, and I would like to be able to programmatically retrieve the "balancing" values you can see on the hand controller there:
www.gemini-2.com/hc/En-balance.php

They provide Dec axis duty cycle in percentage as Y and RA axis duty cycle in percentage as X. I would love to have access to those values within indi when available.
Having this feature also available in the simulator, and every other mount that provides this type of value, would be really awesome!

Thank you in advance for your help
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by dolguldur.
4 years 6 months ago #44771
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can these value be retrieved programatically from the command set? If yes then it can be easily added to the driver.
4 years 6 months ago #44783

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds