INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Going to Write a Mount Health Check

• Thank you received: 40
I know, I know... Going to and doing are very different animals, but now I have a reason.
I've been wanting to learn Python, but without reason, a new language can be tough. I know I can do with with simple Linux shell, but attaching to ASCOM might require more.

What I'm thinking is a utility that runs in the background separate from KStars.

It's job will be to check the Mount at a given time and see if it has been parked. Had the idea this morning, when I set an alarm to wake up at 5:35am to see if my mount was parked (defaults to park at 5:30am).
Sure enough, something crashed causing the mount to continue tracking. Normally I can just login and park it, but something was hung and it would not respond.

Granted if ASCOM is hung, maybe I can't get at it. But maybe I can kill the kstars PID and then do whatever it takes to attach to ASCOM again and request a Park command.
4 years 3 months ago #47193

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is INDI Watchdog driver to do exactly that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
4 years 3 months ago #47196

• Thank you received: 40

Doh! I supposed I should have asked. One of the things I did in my day job was to write a healthcheck for a bunch of processes then to have one that watches that.

Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. ;)

I'll have to look into how to get that dog working... Thanks Jasem!

I think I see it: INDI Watchdog And I see one of your GSD's too (you know I love them)!
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 3 months ago #47197

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds