INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 16
Blaise,

I have heard similar things about the SDK. Apparently, it is being widely distributed. Let me know when you need testing.

Your English is not an issue. If you want to experience real pain, I can reply in Spanish or German. I have never studied French and would not attempt it out of consideration for the poor soul who would have to decode my jibberish. I probably know more words in Japanese. I certainly know more "impolite" words in Russian. The owner of the Russian Tango Gyro company used to assemble machines in one of my hangars and was very vocal when dropping wrenches on his feet or scrubbing his knuckles on something sharp.
3 years 8 months ago #56507
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 31
Hello Jon,

Sorry, I was really busy these days.

<<
I certainly know more "impolite" words in Russian. The owner of the Russian Tango Gyro company used to assemble machines in one of my hangars and was very vocal when dropping wrenches on his feet or scrubbing his knuckles on something sharp.
>>

LOL ! I learned some polish swear words with my previous boss, a polish native.

I'm still working on the new driver. It will be much more complete and cleaner (camera's controls won't be hard coded anymore), but I have to rewrite almost everything.
I also added the SV305 Pro ST4 features.
This SDK is not stable yet. SVBony sent me a 2nd version.

Are you OK in your NeverLand Ranch ? ;-)

Best regards !
3 years 8 months ago #56732
Blaise,

No worries here. I got a beta from AstroDMx_Capture for the RaspberryPi4 version of their software with the new SDK for the SV305 to look at and have been banging my head against the wall trying to get either indi_skywatcherAltAzSimple OR indi_skywatcherAltAzMount to work with my Skywatcher 250P properly, so I haven't been idle.

I look forward to see your progress. I hear they did a pretty good job with the SDK.
3 years 8 months ago #56760
Hi Jon,

How are you ?

<<
I hear they did a pretty good job with the SDK
>>

Right, the APIs are much easier to use, no stuff to "hard code" anymore.

I made significant progress on the new driver. My understanding of the INDI API grows up.

I still have 3 issues :

- I don't know how to abort long exposures. The trick I used with the previous SDK doesn't work. I asked SVBONY for a solution.
- when changing the settings, the first frame uses the previous settings. Probably a buffer issue. I asker SVBONY too for a way to drop buffered frames.
- binning and sub-framing don't work in live view yet.

Andy, from the openPHD project also woks with SVBONY.

Take care and have a nice day.

Blaise

3 years 8 months ago #56876
Attachments:
Blaise,

All is well here. The world has gone crazy, but I try not to pay much attention. One of my students soloed today and didn't crash, so all is well.

It looks like you have made real progress. I hope SVBONY is responsive to your questions. I look forward to more testing when it is required.

The new AstroDMx_Capture program beta for Pi4 64 bit is out now and the SVBONY camera seems to work very well with the new SDK in that environment. A good time to be into astronomy, I think.
3 years 8 months ago #56878
Hello Jon,

Glad to know your student is safe ;-)

I'm on vacation among my brother. Nice place. The nearest city is at 20 miles...

I tried the driver on Saturn yesterday :

Maksutov 127/1900 + SV305
About 1000 root frames

Have I nice day !

Blaise
3 years 8 months ago #57014
Attachments:
Blaise,

Very nice Saturn! Nice area shot too!

That is a more astronomy-friendly area than around here. We are more "woodsy" and trees block the horizon at every compass point. I can't view anything below about 35 degrees, and that's from a second floor deck.

Does this mean your latest version is ready for me to try to break?
3 years 8 months ago #57032
Hi Jon,

Right, I love this place. I'm looking for a land to buy out there. The sky is really clear. These kind of deserts are pretty rare in France.
Did you try the "lighter" or "matches" solutions, to get ride off all these trees ? You will get a clean area...
You may also drop some gasoline from your giroplan... Oups...

Sure, you can test the driver. Sources are in a new branch :

github.com/thx8411/indi-3rdparty/tree/thx8411_sv305_2

These are the known issues :

+ Subframing and binning don't work in liveview
+ First frame wrong exposure time
+ Can't abort exposure yet
+ sometime, gain setting failed.

Thanks a lot !

I'm still waiting for the SVBony engineers answers.

I also tested the driver on Jupiter last night.

Best regards !

Blaise
3 years 8 months ago #57070
Attachments:
Hmmm....the dreaded "Your architecture isn't supported message from my Pi this time in the attempted compile of libsv305. This is the new aarch64 version of Raspbian (beta) on the Pi4. I think last time I used the Ubuntu Server 20.04 on the Pi.

What are you compiling on? (Nice shot of Jupiter!)
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Jon Carleton.
3 years 8 months ago #57080
Hi Jon,

Platform detection isn't so easy.
I only have a PI 2 and a PI B+ by myself.
Only tested on PI 2 at this time.

Could you type "uname -a" on your PI 4 ?

Best regards !

Blaise

PS : Great vacations for me. Great sky. Shooted Neowise on monday and M51 yesterday.
3 years 8 months ago #57212
Blaise,

I had a "brain in the off position" error. My original testing was on an X86_64 Ubuntu laptop. It originally compiled there, and I had been testing with my guide scope on a tripod. The Skywatcher 250P is driven by a Pi4, now running the (beta) Raspbian verson for that machne as follows:

jon@piscope:~ $ uname -a
Linux piscope 5.4.51-v8+ #1326 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jul 17 10:58:13 BST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
jon@piscope:~ $ lscpu
Architecture: aarch64
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 4
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 4
Socket(s): 1
Vendor ID: ARM
Model: 3
Model name: Cortex-A72
Stepping: r0p3
CPU max MHz: 1500.0000
CPU min MHz: 600.0000
BogoMIPS: 108.00
Flags: fp asimd evtstrm crc32 cpuid
jon@piscope:~ $

It would be nice to run it there, but not mandatory. I have started testing on the Laptop version, and it compiles without issue (again).
3 years 8 months ago #57214
Oh...by the way...from your previous iteration of the indi_sv305_ccd driver:

I have @#$@#! TREES in the way for NeoWise!!! I may have to drive up on a mountain top to get a shot of it.
3 years 8 months ago #57215
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds