INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 16
Blaise,

Thank you. My setup is a stock SkyWatcher 250P Goto Dobsonian. I have a home-built waveshare HAT focuser and use the indi_skywatcherAltAzMount driver for the GOTO. Nothing special...lots of short exposure subs, stacking with Siril and finish in GIMP.

I will test with Pi3 and Pi4 this week.

I hope your wife recovers rapidly and wish you good luck and patience with your new-found avocation as a daycare venue.

*JC*
3 years 7 months ago #57706
The topic has been locked.
Blaise,

Thank you for the update. Hope for speed recovery for your wife. You can submit a PR once you get it running on armhf architecture and then we'll have a wider pool of users to continue the testing.
3 years 7 months ago #57722
Cannot compile for aarch64 (Pi4):
Linux target
CMake Error at libsv305/CMakeLists.txt:40 (message):
Your architecture isn't suppored

Cannot compile for armfh (Pi3):
Apparently limited in CMakeLists.txt:
# Limit SVBONY to x86 architecture now
if (CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR MATCHES "x86_64" OR CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR MATCHES "i[3-6]86")
option(WITH_SV305 "Install SVBONY SV305 Camera Driver" On)
else()
option(WITH_SV305 "Install SVBONY SV305 Camera Driver" Off)
endif()

It is quite possible I am not getting the GIT from the proper place: github.com/thx8411/indi-3rdparty
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Jon Carleton.
3 years 7 months ago #57735
  • Thank you received: 1
I did this inside the indi-3rdparty directory:

git checkout thx8411_sv305_2
3 years 7 months ago #57876
So using Ubuntu Mate x64 on the raspberry pi 4 i was able to install everything and run indiserver, however the camera is not detected. Oddly, on Ubuntu on my laptop, the camera comes up as:
Bus 005 Device 005: ID f266:9a0a CKCamera CKCamera

But on the raspberry pi:
Bus 001 Device 007: ID f266:9a0a

Same ID, no name ! No sure where to go on that one....
3 years 7 months ago #57878
@wmarchewka: git checkout thx8411_sv305_2

Ah...apparently, I am not getting the right build candidate. I'll try again this weekend.
3 years 7 months ago #57879
  • Thank you received: 53
That's not a big issue. There is a file that translates the USB VID/PID to a description. That file needs to be updated.
wiki.debian.org/HowToIdentifyADevice/USB
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Ken Self.
3 years 7 months ago #57887
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi folks !

Thanks for your kind words.

@Jon

Right, the new driver is in a new branch ;-)

I managed to release one of my pi boards (an old PI 2, armv6) for testing.
There is an issue in the SVBONY SDK. One function is missing in the library file. I just sent them a message.

Best regards,

Blaise

PS : My wife is back to home, but she can't walk nor drive for the moment. I now have 3 children at home, instead of 2 ;-)
3 years 7 months ago #57891
Driver runs on Ubuntu Mate 20.04 x86 on rpi4. I had some trouble with the driver reporting camera not found unless indiserver was started as sudo. Will try and investigate. Cant wait to try this out tonight. I will report on issues if any are found.
3 years 7 months ago #57949
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, apologies if this has been answered in detail - I have this camera and want to use for guiding with an rPi4 & Astroberry. A few weeks ago I attempted to install the driver mentioned in these threads (I believe) but no luck, camera wasn't recognized using any of the software in AB (Kstars/EKos, etc). I have some time again to work on it and I was wondering if maybe I had installed the wrong driver (or incorrectly)? Can someone help point to the location of the latest driver? Is there a guide for installing, in case I did so incorrectly? And can this cam be used as a guide cam with this driver? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just really anxious to get this part sorted out so I can determine definitively where the issue(s) is. Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #58065
Hi, I have this camera (SV 305) w/intention of using as a guide camera (and possibly a bit of imaging). I have an rPi4 w/astroberry and a couple or so weeks ago attempted to install a driver referenced in these threads, but was unsuccessful - no software would recognize the camera (Kstars/Ekos, etc). As there are several possibilities why it didn't work, could I be pointed to the location of the most current driver, and are there any guides or instructions for install in an astroberry-flashed rPi4? I should also ask if the/any driver would allow it to function as a guider? (I presume yes). My astroberry is a standard install. I do have a powered USB hub that has worked fine with the equipment, and I've tested the SV305 both through various ports on it as well as straight off the rPi4 with no luck. I HAVE connected the cam straight to the laptop and that worked fine. Thanks for any help!
3 years 7 months ago #58070
Hi

Slightly off topic, I am told 290MC is very good as a guide cam. Can the same be said about this one for auto guiding.

I found a cheap on but not sure if I should go with qhy/120mini instead.
3 years 7 months ago #58119
Time to create page: 1.225 seconds