INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 0

Have you tried the SV305 with AstroDMx instead of KStars/Ekos?
3 years 4 months ago #62929
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 16
+1 for AstroDMx_Capture. It works very well with the SVBONY 305 and pro with its own drivers. It does a real-time looping at whatever capture speed you select that makes it easy to focus and gives a real what-you-see-is-what-you-get experience.

...but it won't solve a power issue.
3 years 4 months ago #62938

Replied by a z on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hello, everyone on INDI forum!
I just have question about sv305 indi driver. Is there any hope that it will support not only basic operations but all features which camera has itself? Like SharpCap on Windows or AstroDMx on Linux? I mean ROI video recording and binning first of all.

From my experience SV305 consumes about 250 mA. May be up to 300-350 mA during video streaming.
3 years 4 months ago #62981
  • Thank you received: 1
Update: powered USB hub made no difference. Clean install did not help. I installed AstroDMx, it worked when I tested it inside. It started the guide calibration in ekos, it took probably 6 exposures but never made it past ra drift with the simulated telescope. Im not sure if it should have made it all the way and started "guiding" with the simulated telescope, but I pressed on. When I moved everything outside for a trial run it continued to hang in kstars/ekos. Astrodmx would loop and do single captures but no matter how I set the gain or exposure I never got a picture with starts. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the ARM chip/architecture in the RPI4. Is there anyone else guiding with ekos on an ARM platform? Or is everybody else running x86?
3 years 4 months ago #63012

Replied by Mark on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

I'm running an Astroberry on an RPi4. I've yet to use it in anger, but every test has worked, now that the live view glitch I had, has been fixed. I was hoping to test it tonight, but I see clouds creeping over the horizon...

I use an industrial USB powered hub, which powers the RPi and SV305.
3 years 4 months ago #63016
I am also using an RPi4. If you're running the astroberry image, it's armhf, not arm64, fwiw. Architecture shouldn't have much if anything to do with it. I connect to the camera from a Windows box via Indiserver.

I don't think I saw you mention, what is the power source for your RPi? Do you have any kind of cooling set up for it? After checking all of the above and these two, I would probably pick up another Pi to see if somehow you have a hardware issue.
3 years 4 months ago #63021

Replied by Pep on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi to every body,

Lately, I've had issues with kstars / ekos running directly on raspi4. If I only use the indi-server on the raspi4 (using kstars / ekos as a client on a PC with Ubuntu and all over a cable network) it doesn't happen.
From what you say, maybe the problem comes more from kstars or ekos on the raspi.
I'm waiting for a sv305Pro and I hope I have no problems ... I'll tell you (if it comes to me).

Pep
3 years 4 months ago #63025

Replied by Mark on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

I've had the opposite problem. Running kstars/ekos on my Ubuntu server as clients for the Indi-server on the RPi4 resulted in all manner of issues. I now run kstars/ekos directly from the RPi, and connect via VNC on my iPad Pro.
3 years 4 months ago #63029
I run an RP4 with both AstroDMx_Capture and indi_sv305_ccd driver with a SV305 (not Pro). I have used both PHD2 and the internal KStars guider without issue. My drivers are compiled for the arm64 specifically (Ubuntu 20.10). The only issue I have had is when I run AstroDMx_Capture over remote VNC or SSH shell. Sometimes AstroDMx_Capture will crash. If I run AstroDMx_Capture on the Pi4 with bluetooth keyboard/mouse and HDMI to a monitor, no issues.

If you are not seeing stars, perhaps you didn't focus properly. When I forget to initialize my focuser, I get blank screens and have gone as far as rebooting everything and checking all the cables until I realize the focuser is parked. But that's just me. I have boxes of mistakes and errors I haven't even used yet.
3 years 4 months ago #63038

Replied by a z on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hello everyone on INDI forum!
I have an issue with ROI video recording on RPi with SV305. Only first frame recorded somehow properly (looks like overexposed and color changed, but nevermind). All other frames in the video are completely black or have color noise. Interesting, filesize of only 3 frames video files are absolutely the same (11,9 MB) regardless to resolution. I tried 320*240, 1280*1024, 1920*1080.
3 years 4 months ago #63043
Off topic a bit... But I saw this in the guide scope (60 mm Svbony 106) PHD2 loop and grabbed the image. Not crispy, but not terrible for a guide scope image taken with a SV305 (indi_sv305_ccd driver) using PHD2 as an imaging platform.

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jon Carleton.
3 years 4 months ago #63079
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi Folks,

Sorry, I can't help you on the RPi4, I don't have one.
I also use an industrial powered USB HUB, and no trouble with my amd64 laptop so far.
I made longer than 2h guiding sessions without issues.
12 bits + 2x binning + equalize works great at 1.5s (Ekos native multiSEP guiding). Less than 1" RMS with a tiny 30mm/120mm guide scope.

For those who installed former versions of the driver manually, most of the driver crashes at start, come from
old driver "residues". Try to find those old files and clean it.

SVBony just sent me the last SDK. It's not very clear, but it seems to fix some exposure time changes issues.
I will try to work on it this week-end.

@Jon

Nice Moon. This camera is pretty capable.

A bit ugly, not enough subs, star blooming, reflections, etc. Just a test for my setup.
GSO 200/800 reflector + GSO Coma Corrector + CLS Filter
10x 180s subs, unfiltered EOS 1000D, 800 iso
Guided with an SV305 and the SVBony 30mm/120mm guide scope on an IEQ30 Pro
software : Ekos + AIJ + Siril + Gimp

Best regards,

Blaise
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Collin.
3 years 4 months ago #63106
Attachments:
Time to create page: 1.171 seconds