INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 31
Hi Pep,

<< I also found that the camera allows go from 0.001s to 1800s exposures, but the driver does not allow you to go down from 0.01s. >>

You were right. I just pushed a fix.
According to the camera, time values goes from 1799s to 14µs. The 14 µs shouldn't be very accurate...

Best regards,

Thx8411
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
3 years 2 months ago #66312
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Pep on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi Thx8411,

<<You were right. I just pushed a fix>>

Great news !!! :cheer:
In order to check this update you have done, how do I do it?
do an "update" and then an "install" of "lib ..." and "indi-driver" of the camera? (both ubuntu and raspy {astroberry})
I wouldn’t like to do an “upgrade” as I don’t want to upgrade the whole system, now everything works pretty well for me.

<<Is Taffy an SVBony engineer ?>>

Taffy, I think she is also a customer relationship person, but so far she has given me very good answers and ideas.
I pass the PM contact to you anyway.

Thank you so much for everything ;)

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66324

Hi Thx,

Today I was able to do some testing with the raspi4.
I have found that the sv-305pro don'tt disconnect but did not respond after taking the first image. So when I have wanted to follow up, it take the first shot and when it try to calibrate it didn't do anything else ... that is, it were trying to do the image again and again. But the rest of the connected devices continued to work and control with the Ekos.
I attach a * .pdf file, where I try to explain that it were in every step.

I have tried resetting several times, unplugging and plug the camera in case it worked again, but in all cases it only does the first picture.

I remember you my set: I'm connecting from a client PC (Ubuntu) by Kstars/Ekos to the raspi4 of 4GbRAM (astroberry 2.0.3) where I have OnStep, Pentax and SV305PRO connected directly. OnStep and SV305PRO on USB3 and the Pentax DSRL on USB2. And I have no power issues.

Thanks for your job in develop the driver.

Pep

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

3 years 2 months ago #66534
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 16
Interesting that. I have power problems with my RPi4 when I connect my SV305 (not pro) and -anything else- to any USB port. It doesn't quite throw the "lightening bolt" warning symbol to the screen, but I have measured the voltage on the GPIO port and voltage drops significantly. I am using a 3 amp power supply, so input voltage isn't the issue. Therefore, I always use a powered USB3 hub and plug everything into it. Voltage on the GPIO port stays happy and I have no odd little unexpected issues.

This is, again, not the 305PRO, just the straight SV305.
3 years 2 months ago #66563
  • Thank you received: 31
Hello,

Thanks for your reports.

If you take a look at the driver's code, there is only one difference between the pro and the non pro : pulse guiding functions are disabled/enabled.
These issues are certainly related to RPi4 USB 3.0 / SV305 USB 3.0

Has somebody tried to plug the camera on a powered USB 2.0 only hub ?
My sample SV305 works well in USB 3.0 on amd64 if I don't change the settings to much. I will try to force it to USB 2.0 on my old laptop, and see what I get.

Is there somebody here using the Pro on an USB 2.0 RPi3 ?

Best regards,

Thx8411
3 years 2 months ago #66572
  • Thank you received: 16
I once used the SV305 on a RPi4 2.0 port with the ZWO on a USB 3.0 port, thinking that perhaps that would "spread the power load" between different circuits. I was mistaken, and it caused power problems...but it did work initially. I have never used a 2.0 powered hub, alas.
3 years 2 months ago #66576

Hi folks,

<JonCarleton>

Thanks for sharing your experience .... I have a USB2 powered Hub, but I don't know if I will have the USB3 speed transfer if I use this hub. I'll try it though.:)

<ThX8411>

When you choose the driver in ekos, I only get the SVBONY or the SVBONY CCD305 (or something similar) :blush: . Are there someone more specifics coming out of the 305PRO? Or does the 305's INDI driver already detect whether or not it has tracking? Because I get, in the INDI panel, the guidance menu.

As for the USB2 powered Hub, I have one and I can connect it to USB3 or USB2 but I have a Raspi4.

By the way, the exposure time from 0.001s to 1800s, is it already implemented in any update? And to update only the library and the driver in particular, not the rest of the system :( , how to do it? (I don't know at all)

I try to do the tests and I'll tell you ...

In the meantime if there is anything else let me know.

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66591

I'm so sorry....

about "When you choose the driver in ekos, I only get the SVBONY or the SVBONY CCD305 (or something similar) :blush: . Are there someone more specifics coming out of the 305PRO? Or does the 305's INDI driver already detect whether or not it has tracking? Because I get, in the INDI panel, the guidance menu."

I confirm that I have the "SVBONY 305PRO 0" version, I understand that detect automaticaly the version of the camera you are connected.

Thanks,

Pep
3 years 2 months ago #66602

Hi Folks,

The other night I tested the SV305PRO with a USB3 powered HUB to see if it had any issues and check if not stop the camera. And I was unlucky. I was doing the same with the HUB as without it.
I was trying to track with ekos and yes it was do the first image to take references, it was moving the mount to do the calibration and then there was no way it could do the next image.
I tried to plug/unplug it, turn it on, reset the ekos and nothing at all, I wasn’t lucky either. Only when I stopped (switch off) the whole system and tried again, only then it did work once and I was left waiting to do the second image again.
I tried it with and without the USB3 powered HUB, and even with just the SV305PRO connected to the USB3 and everything else (OnStep and DSRL) to the USB2 ports. And the result was the same. I remember you I have the astroberry as an INDI-server.
Any suggestions to be able to do the guidance? Basically is the use I would want to do by camera (and some times to do some planet or Moon)
Thank you all,
Pep
3 years 1 month ago #66922

Hi thx8411 and Knro,

I wanted to look at what was going on with the camera doing a "dmesg" and I have saw what happens every time the camera stops working and I disconnect/connect the Ekos and the camera has already stopped working.
That is:
  • if I disconnect/connect the camera and reset the ekos, the camera works a couple of images at most.
  • Then the INDI-Server and Ekos still believe it is connected but no longer responds.
  • If I reset Ekos then, on dmesg lines appear: "usbfs: process nnnn (indi_sv305_ccd) did not claim interface 0 before use".
  • And so on until I disconnect and reconnect the camera to USB3 port.
Either via USB3 HUB powered or direct to the USB3 port de la raspi4.

Look at the picture.

I hope this can give you a clue to solve the problem.
And if I can check something more (if you give me the instruction to do for check it, I'll do it)

Thank you for your time and solutions.

Pep
3 years 1 month ago #66938
Attachments:

Dear Knro and Thx8411,

During this time I tried to track via PHD2, but it continues to give the same problem of the INDI-Driver (it also uses the same): that is, it makes 1 or maximum 2 images and that's it: it no longer responds.

In another forum I read that the AstroDMX-Capture works very well with the SV305 (the pro says nothing). I have also tried it and yes, the camera never fails and has many control options of it, but of course this program only takes pictures and does not track.
Seeing that it worked I stopped the astroDMx-capture and turned on the ekos to try to take pictures or track ... and nothing worked anymore. Also, once the ekos no longer detected it, I tried to start the astroDMx-Capture again to see if it responded, and no longer responded.
Then, I had to disconnect/connect the camera and reset the RasPi so that some of the programs would detect it again. And worked, of course.

I hope it becomes clear what tests I have done, if you need any feedback or do any tests feel free to tell me and I'll do it.

Thank you and I look forward to your news,

Best,

Pep
3 years 1 month ago #67115
  • Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Hi Cirera,

I assume you are talking about raspberry pi 4. I got everything working a few weeks ago after many trial and error.

There are 2 things that u need to do just to make it work.

1. in INDI control panel, change the setting from RAW16 to RAW8. Then try to do a capture looping in the GUIDE or FOCUS tab.

2. In PHD2 under INDI camera selection, choose MAIN for Dual CCD and check the Camera does not support the exposure time option. When you do looping in PHD2, a preview will show up, and just minimize it. That's all.

Then you are good to go.

Good luck.

Tom
3 years 1 month ago #67133
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds