INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Toby on topic INDI Driver for SVBONY cameras

Can anybody tell me if the SVBONY 305 driver can work on osx?

I'm trying to use the SVBONY 305 with KSTARS on mac osx 10.15.17 .

When I select it in EKOS and try to connect I get this message:Driver indi_sv305_ccd was not found on the system. Please make sure the package that provides the 'indi_sv305_ccd' binary is installed.

I've been going around in circles a bit.

If anybody could provide some pointers or advice. I'd be very grateful.

2 years 7 months ago #75115
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi Toby,

In december 2020, SVBony sent me a MacOS version of the SDK :

<<  This is the first version SDK for Mac OS. I know it not that perfect. >>
I haven't received any update since.
I haven't developed on MacOs for 15 years, and I don't own an Apple device.
I don't know how to handle the platform detection, the packaging, etc.

If an INDI/MacOS experienced developer could help me, it would be great.

Best regards,

Thx8411

2 years 7 months ago #75148
I'm trying to use the SVBONY 305 pro camera for guiding i Kstars, using the stellarmate on a raspberry pi. Not having great succes. There is a lot of "noise" in the picture compared to pictures taken with the same camera in a different program, eg. SharpCap. When I check the list with supported cameras in ekos, sv305 camera is listed but not the sv305 pro version. I think it could be a problem with the driver. Does anyone know if there is an updated driver or there might be one on the way. I have taken 5 darks with an exposure time between 1 and 5 seconds, gain 200 and bin 1x1. If anyone can use the pictures for something, they are attached as zip file. The attached image is preview of one dark frame in kstars.

2 years 7 months ago #75215
Attachments:
Hi casper,

There is only one driver, the SV305, supporting both SV305 and SV305PRO (and perhaps the SV305M PRO, not tested yet).

Did you test with other softwares on your raspberry ?

Having strong black and white pixels on your darks is usual. The dynamic is stretched by the viewer.

Look at your histogram, you darks are... dark ;-)

But you have a lot of banding in your picture. This is usually a power supply issue
Do you have a strong and stable power supply on you raspberry ?

Best regards,

Thx8411
2 years 7 months ago #75230
Attachments:

Many thanks for the update on this Collin. I'm not bad at making tea and coffee. Developing though? Completely inexperienced.
2 years 7 months ago #75231
Thanks to the great work by Mr. Collin, we now have proper documentation for this driver: www.indilib.org/ccds/svbony-sv305-cameras.html

Please let me know if you think the driver could use any improvements. Kudos to Collin for this great driver!
2 years 7 months ago #75245
Thanks for your reply. I’m very new in this game, but I will try to check if I have the latest driver and the latest software on the stellarmate. I have two cameras attached to the stellarmate, the other camera is an altair 183c where there are no problems. So wondering if banding should be a power issue, but maybe I should consider trying a power hub in between.
2 years 7 months ago #75259
Hello !

<< Thanks to the great work by Mr. Collin >>

You're welcome Jasem. In facts, I'm just a selfish guy. I wanted my camera to work on my setup ;-)

Best regards !

Thx8411

2 years 7 months ago #75324
Hi Casper,

It's just a guess.

On my setup, I use a 12v powered hub, powering my DSLR, my raspberry with Stellarmate OS (Thanks Jasem, great tool !) and my SV305.
The raspberry doesn't power anything, and I don't have any banding. No banding on my SV305 PRO either (direct laptop USB3 powering, for planetary).

The 183c power regulation is certainly much better than the SV305 one.

Best regards,

Thx8411
2 years 7 months ago #75326
Hello !

@Toby

I got the last Mac OS X SDK from SVBONY, and submitted a pull request which should (hopefully) work.
Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Thx8411
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toby
2 years 6 months ago #75757

Fantastic news!
2 years 6 months ago #75759
  • Thank you received: 13
​​​​I have SV105 and using V4L2 driver it works good, but I bought better cable. Rarely freezes, but it is not so sensitive and 0.5s max exposure time is disaster. Also for my version you have to set Gain to 67, because in 68 it goes back to 0 amd 100 is around 40 actually and 67 is 100.
2 years 6 months ago #75760
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds