INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

I want KStars to add the ability to manage tabbed windows.

• Thank you received: 30
Thank you for always great support.

I want KStars to add a tab function to switch to Ekos, INDI control panel, Fits Viewer, Live Video Viewer, etc.

Currently, these windows are displayed as pop-ups, making remote control from a tablet and operation on a narrow screen very difficult.
We thought about using macros to automatically control the viewer and make it easier to use, but because the window coordinates are always different, macros don't work in pop-up windows.

If the ability to switch windows with tabs has been added to KStars, creating an environment will make it much easier to operate and automate using macros and so on.
4 years 1 month ago #49052

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
I know what you mean. I run Ekos from my iPhone at night.
But there is a way to approximate that right now: make the windows independent and simply switch between them using a second desktop panel with tabs at the bottom.
Accomplishes pretty much the same thing.
4 years 1 month ago #49066

• Thank you received: 30
Thank you for your reply.

We currently use this feature.

However, there are four disadvantages.

1. You need to manually navigate to the virtual window.

2. Live chart window and time setting window depend on KStars, so star chart cannot be used.

3. Perform certain actions on the observatory and the two windows will overlap.

4. As a result, screen coordinate macros cannot be used.

etc

I publish INDI information on my blog, but there are many users who are confused about configuration and operation.
I would like to distribute a distribution for beginners who can eliminate the initial settings and troublesome operation parts of specific equipment, but the operation procedure will be many for the above reasons.

There is no other app like Ekos that can link multiple functions, so it's useful to use it to explain the meeting of a spectator or to focus on a specific function if the usability is improved.
4 years 1 month ago #49068

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds