INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Re:Scheduler and variable stars

• Thank you received: 1
Hi there,
and agai
when I have a job in the scheduler with let's say four variable stars which I want to observe throughout the whole night, it is only done once no matter what I've marked in the job completion conditions section (because this affects only the sequences). Is there a chance, that it could run for several hours? Var1 --> Var2 --> Var3 --> Var4 and again form the beginning and again and again. Hope you understand what I mean.

Greetings,
Jörg!
3 years 11 months ago #51658

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Hello Jörg, I understand you want to capture four objects multiple times through the night. First, disable "Remember Job Progress" and "Sort Jobs per altitude and priority", and enable "Preemptive shutdown" in the Ekos options. Then create 4 observation jobs in the Scheduler as Var1 then Var2 then Var3 then Var4, then add those four jobs again, as 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4, as many times as you need. You can also save your observation schedule and edit the XML file directly, then load it back into the Scheduler. Use the date and time displayed in the Scheduler table for each job to determine how many jobs will cover the whole night. Use the altitude and twilight checkboxes to ensure your mount will only track visible objects, check "Park Mount" to park the mount when observations are done for the night, and experiment :)

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jörg Schirmer
3 years 11 months ago #51663

Hi Eric,
thank you for these useful informations. I gave them a try last night ..... and it worked!

Greetings,
Jörg!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 11 months ago #51702

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I am also experimenting to find good ways to work with variables in Ekos. And I'd like to follow up:

I have a saved scheduler job with 20 variables, that is, a saved list of 20 jobs. Now, I'd like to add ANOTHER list of say 5 jobs that I have saved in another scheduler file. What happens is that when I open a schdeuler file, it replaces the list of jobs already there - but I'd like to ADD to it, not replace it.

I understand that I can do this by manually editing the files, let's say, I open the second in a text editor, and copy the contents. THen I open the first list and past the whole second list there, last. And save under a new name.

But I'd like to do this in the scheduler. Is there a way to do this? So to speak to have the option "append to existing jobs OR replace existing jobs" when I open. Is that doable? Or a feature request?

Magnus
3 years 11 months ago #51708

No, there's no way to join two observation schedules in the Scheduler UI. This obviously lacks.

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #51715

At first glance this method seemed quite uncomfortable to me but on the other hand it opens the door to building interesting batches of nightly tasks, e.g. variables and pretty pictures.

Greetings,
Jörg!
3 years 11 months ago #52074

I hope to add dynamic observation lists at some point. Having a rigid scheduler plan like this is too restricting.

But, sorry, there's no official DTD yet for the XML files Ekos uses. This will happen as well, for people to create data providers for schedules. We really need to plug Ekos into observation sources more easily.

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #52178

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds