INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Alerts/Texts

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by jiberjaber on topic Ekos Alerts/Texts

OK - got snap working, installed telegram-cli using it, same result as installing via apt-get "telegram-cli: tgl/mtproto-utils.c:101: BN2ull: Assertion `0' failed. SIGNAL received"

I think this is something to do with astroberry so might be stuck here with being unable to use telegram, which is a shame.

Edit: OK, managed to get it compiled and working, now to see if I can use it to send status notifications to myself
I used a combination of www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=246389 and github.com/vysheng/tg/issues/1070 to get it compiled but still need to resolve copying the latest compiled version over the one that's been installed somewhere on the device that doesn't work LOL
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by jiberjaber.
3 years 8 months ago #56685

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 8 months ago #56690

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Ekos Alerts/Texts

I've done this before. To send text messages to my phone I leveraged a little known feature mobile providers offer. They will forward an email as text when addressed to the 'phone number' @'mobile provider.com'

Then it was a simple matter of setting up the mail command with a simple message relevant to the notification.
Naturally you need to have the device online for this.

Alternatively UDP notifications can also be used to send messages to devices on a local network.
3 years 8 months ago #56810

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds