INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Main GUI update for Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 2
Yeah, it's in that version with me at least. Take a look at the demo, it's easy to miss.

cheers, J.
3 years 6 months ago #60447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Wow, very cool. How do you get the large icons? I don't have those on startup either.

I tried just as you show in the video to full screen the window, but my EKOS still opens independently instead of a tab. I wonder if there is some Mac OS setting, or some other option that enforces this tabbed view.
3 years 6 months ago #60448

• Thank you received: 223

thanks for the video, I'm using the same version and that does not work on mine.
3 years 6 months ago #60471

• Thank you received: 133

Doesn't work in my Linux version, either. Neither with 'independent window' selected for EKOS, nor without....
3 years 6 months ago #60472

• Thank you received: 23
Great suggestion. Window and pop-up management is one of the quiet frustrations of the platform, the number of times I couldn’t work out why a window wasn’t closing only to find a Dialog obscured by a window that was ostensibly in the background...
3 years 6 months ago #60474

• Thank you received: 30
I agree.
Added the ability to switch between the KStars planetarium screen and Ekos with tabs. It would be much easier to use if it could be displayed in the capture window and the module operated by Livevideo.
3 years 5 months ago #61076

• Thank you received: 5
So, this is a good discussion. I like the mockups! There seems to be enough demand to include this in an upcoming release. Is there someone on the dev team that might what to comment? Is this on the radar, and what might be a rough timeframe? Having Ekos and Kstars like what can be on Mac/Linux would be the first priority, but there are lots of other windows that need to be considered... Indi Control Panel, Fits viewer.

I would rank this as my number 1 issue with using the application(s) along with general stability concerns.

Thanks!
3 years 5 months ago #61082

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Ian on topic Main GUI update for Kstars/Ekos

Where and how? On mine (downloaded a few days ago from stable) no option to show or use any tab bar.

Also, on Mac I can show the tab bar but can't get e.g. Ekos window to open as a tab (even when Kstars is full screen and checked Preferences "Independent Window" seems to make no difference to this).

Excellent idea though.

Ian
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Ian.
3 years 5 months ago #61083

• Thank you received: 51
In my opinion the first step would be to integrate the fitsviewer as tab in Ekos.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Patrick.
3 years 5 months ago #61148

• Thank you received: 223
I vote for all pop-up windows to be tabbed B)
3 years 5 months ago #61155

• Thank you received: 420
ALL popups? Including the ones that ask if your camera has a shutter or if you have covered your telescopes when you’re about to take darks?

:P
3 years 5 months ago #61159

• Thank you received: 5
No, not all pop ups. Only the applications that you would switch back and forth. A notification like covering the scope should be left as is. You typically just see those and close them. There would be no need to keep them active in a tab.
3 years 5 months ago #61168

Time to create page: 1.095 seconds