INDI Library v1.8.9 Released (01 Mar 2021)

INDI monthly update. In addition to driver improvements, major code refactoring is in progress by @pawel-soja to modernize and improve INDI aging code.

New forum users, please go here first: indilib.org/forum/new-forum-users.html

Directly open FITS file from macOS in KStars

• Thank you received: 1
Directly open FITS file from macOS in KStars

Perhaps it's already possible and I have something misconfigured but when I double click in macOS's Finder on a .fits file then KStars itself opens (configured that well) but doesn't open the FITS viewer with the selected file. Would that be possible to configure/setup?

Thanks for the great work and port (Stephane Lucas) to macOS!

Bye now,
Jurgen

I'm on Build: 2020-07-18T05:21:35Z
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro
6 months 3 weeks ago #60434

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFAIK, this is working on Linux so for MacOS/Windows, KStars should register with which meta type it can read/open... though even in Linux it will always start a new process now whenever you click on a FITS file instead of re-using the existing process.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
6 months 3 weeks ago #60437

• Thank you received: 126
While this might not be helpful in solving this particular issue with opening the images in the KStars preview window, the solution I use is Observatory for the Mac. codeobsession.com

It installs a fits/xisf plugin for preview functionality in the finder. So not only will it turn your image thumbnails into images, but you can also press the spacebar to preview the image in a large window.
-Andrew
––––––––––
Mac Observatory - All about using the Mac for Astrophotography: www.macobservatory.com
Astrobin: www.astrobin.com/users/Lead_Weight/
6 months 3 weeks ago #60446

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds