INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connecting ekos to multiple INDI servers

• Thank you received: 7
Hi. Thank you. Yes. That works with EKOS.

I want to use chained indiservers in the ASIAIR. I don’t know how to connect to another indiserver in that case. The idea is to „fool“ the ASIAIR with a local INDI driver to connect to the remote driver and server.
1 year 8 months ago #84539

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
ASIAIR is probably too restricted to permit that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willi
1 year 8 months ago #84558

• Thank you received: 7
Well, coming back to the original question... All I need is an indi driver that connects to a remote indi server + driver rather than a local indi driver/mount. Like a make-believe driver to the local indiserver. Similar to the SkySafari driver... This sounds to me like an indi question, rather than an issue with the ASIAIR.
1 year 8 months ago #84586

• Thank you received: 4
Hi,
I know it's an old topic but still hot from my perspective.
I know Jasems Tutorial on chained servers and it works well for me.
But my question is, is ti possible to run two indiservers on one system on different ports? I can not make that happen. The only way I have found is to run a users indiserver and another in a systemwide context. like:
systemctl --user enable indiserver.service (on port 7624)
sudo systemctl --system enable indiserver.service (on port 7634)

What I like to accomplish is more like:
sudo systemctl --system enable indiserver.service (on port 7624 and 7634)

What is wrong?
11 months 1 day ago #92417

• Thank you received: 31
I'm not sure what you intend to do exactly.
As for your question, you can start indiserver with the "-p yourport" parameter.

I think you need to start the second indiserver from another user or both will start with the datas from the same .indi folder which is probably not what you want ?.

- Marc
Last edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Marc.
11 months 1 day ago #92419

• Thank you received: 4
Hi Marc,

I intend to use 3 cameras with Kstars/Ekos but only one imaging and one giuding camera are supported. The third one I intend to use shall observ the sky in the direction ob main OTA. I call it a cloud camera.
The idea is to start an indiserver with all the major equipment for regular observations and secondly start another indiserver on the same hardware (RPi) with a different port. This will not work. Ofcourse I know the few options of indiserver as the port option.
When I start just one server with all equipment plus the QHY "Cloudcam" and than try to use this device (indi_qhy_ccd) from a second instance of Kstars. It doesn't work eigther.
How would you approach this problem?
11 months 1 day ago #92420

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds