In the Astrotrac driver settings, go to Options (the area where u choose plate solving settings)
There is an option there to choose “differential solving”. I think it’s mainly for Paramounts where you don’t sync but use a differential offset so that the t-point model is not affected.
In any case, with that checked, it perfectly plate solves every time. However, the final centered image doesn’t show in the plate solved window and it still shows a huge error. But if u go to camera and take a shot, you will did that it’s centered on the object you wanted. You can also select capture and solve (and do nothing option) in the PS window in the end, and then you will see the object.
Ok, got it, will try that next, will be a while because of work.
When you say ‘it perfectly solves every time”, is that an automatic process or do you select a solving option?
In ASIAIR, when performing a goto, it automatically solves and then corrects its position. Is that what is supposed to happen here as well?
I am looking at the driver right now, but under options I don’t see anything about platesolving. Any idea why?
Am I using a non-updated driver. Under connection it tells me I have version 1 interface 5.
It appears after some testing with Jasem that the RA values during slewing are changing rapidly from say 2hr to 14hr.
It appears there is jitter in the dec encoder which is changing the sign from + to -ve randomly and that affects the calculation for the coordinates.
We tried an updated driver that accounts for the jitter but it continued to show similar behaviour in my indoor testing today.
Out of curiosity instead of leaving the Dec access at home position I changed it to + or - 1 or something more or less than 0. I did similar for the RA access. In that mode all the SLEWs showed correct Ra values as you would expect at say x800 speed. I also tried the polar alignment module with these slight offsets to the starting position and it worked consistently every time (indoors under simulation) did not matter if I was slewing east or west or the speed of the mount.
I removed the offset and began in the home position with encoders at 0.00 inn both axises and polar alignment would fail sometimes. It failed precisely at the time the RA values jumped around probably related to the dec jitter and the message mount aborted changed speed came up. I the checked again with my little offset and again it worked again consistently.
Might help some of you whilst it can be figured out, I cannot test outdoors I haven't seen the clear sky in 3 months.
Glad to see you guys are still working on this. As far as the weather is concerned I am in the same boat here I’m afraid, never seen such a terrible summer in a long time.
This jitter you are talking about, is that something that happens on the mount’s side or the driver’s side?
I am still not sure if I have the latest driver. I updated every way I could think of, but I am still at version 1.0 built 5.
Anyway hope to be able to do some more testing as well this week.
Hi guys, today I finally had a chance to upgrade my StellarMate and update all the drivers. I suppose I am using the stable one now. I have only used it indoors so far. From what I can tell the mount moved as it was supposed to with the goto commands I gave it. The only thing I notice in the driver was that While the mount was pointing towards the Sun in the southwest, the driver said the mount was west side of the pier pointing east, while in fact it was the other way around. I could also not change the value as it was grayed out. not sure why or if it really matters as the mount was performing all the goto commands in the proper direction. It was also doing proper meridian flips with commands to the other side of the meridian. Good work it seems. Unfortunately I cannot use the IPad app as it is constantly crashing but I understand an update is on the way.
Thank you guys for all the hard work.