INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrotrac 360 support

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Peter on topic Astrotrac 360 support

Hi guys, today I finally had a chance to upgrade my StellarMate and update all the drivers. I suppose I am using the stable one now.  I have only used it indoors so far. From what I can tell the mount moved as it was supposed to with the goto commands I gave it. The only thing I notice in the driver was that While the mount was pointing towards the Sun in the southwest, the driver said the mount was west side of the pier pointing east, while in fact it was the other way around. I could also not change the value as it was grayed out. not sure why or if it really matters as the mount was performing all the goto commands in the proper direction. It was also doing proper meridian flips with commands to the other side of the meridian. Good work it seems. Unfortunately I cannot use the IPad app as it is constantly crashing but I understand an update is on the way.
Thank you guys for all the hard work.

Peter
2 years 6 months ago #75861

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

where will I be able to find the documentation?
2 years 6 months ago #75862

• Thank you received: 4
Dear Peter,
I created a forum topic for Astrotrac 360 Stellarmate documentation development. Have captured my learnings so far. We can all build upon it.

Sameer
2 years 6 months ago #75865

I am having trouble finding it Sameer, where is it?
2 years 6 months ago #75869

Disregard, found it! Great idea
2 years 6 months ago #75870

Well, I seem to have everything working reliably now. Adding an external WiFi dongle to my StellarMate, made a big difference in staying connected to the mount. I still have a few issues. When I try to park the mount I get a message that parking failed even though the mount then slews to the parking position. It does not however stop tracking. The driver starts up unparked, which is said to be be the other way around in the documentation from the other thread.
Another thing I cannot get to work is using Skysafari (version 6plus on IPad and Android phone). I checked the correct pi address of the StellarMate, port 9624 etc. I have also set Skysafari in ekos as aux 1 and it shows Astrotrac as the telescope.
Skysafari fails to connect. It says that it can connect to the scope but that the scope is not responding.
I know some of you got it to work so if anybody can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would like to hear it. I did update all the drivers and Indicore.

Thanks,

Peter
2 years 5 months ago #76541

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds