Jon created a new topic ' Stellarmate Align Module Problem' in the forum. 1 year ago

Last night while using my gear to image M45, I had a problem where the align module would never reach the 60arcsec accuracy during a solve/slew. The target actually seemed centered but the module kept reporting an error of around 366 arcsecs. It ran a solve/sync without any issues. I went outside to watch the solve/slew after the MF and noticed there was one correction after the flip (from the solver )but there never seemed to be any additional movement at all for all the subsequent attempts to re-center during the solve. It is as if the centering is actually good but the solver, for some reason, thinks it isn't and keeps trying to correct it but the mount never moves because it is already aligned.
I also noticed the FOV was in red text suggesting to change the "effective" FL in mm to speed up solving. The supplied FL (242mm) is correct for the EVOGuide 50ED so I am not sure what that is about.
I realize that I need to run the debugger for this to generate some logs but it was late and I didn't want to interfere with my imaging run. Thought I would mention it here in case others were experiencing the same or had seen it before and could offer suggestions.
Thanks!

--Jon

Read More...