Rob Lancaster replied to the topic 'Where to set focus offset for different filters?' in the forum. 14 hours 49 minutes ago

The offsets are relative to each other, so if you have a bunch of filters that are parfocal, call those 0 and do the other offsets relative to that, that would be easiest. If they are all different, then it’s up to you which one you call zero.

Read More...

Alex Varakin is friends with Rob Lancaster

Hi, I think I have it going to both places actually. If you check, it should also be in the libdir. I had to put it in both places because I have had issues in the past on some systems not being able to find libraries in the libdir or libdir not properly being set. For example, I have been on some raspberry pi systems and all the INDI libraries got installed in the libdir, but then when another program tried to find them, it looked in /usr/lib and couldn't find them since they were in the libdir. So I think it might be good to install in both places just in case.

install(TARGETS stellarsolverstatic DESTINATION "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/")
install(TARGETS stellarsolver DESTINATION "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/")
install(TARGETS stellarsolverstatic DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR})
install(TARGETS stellarsolver DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR})

Read More...

Yes, it sounds like that would work pretty well. I am hoping that when I am done it won't be so many steps.

Read More...

So, to give an update: Now that the repo is mostly perfected and almost ready for integration into programs except for a couple of remaining issues, a friend of mine is helping me to do a code review. I am also working on how other programs will interface with it. He and I are playing with integrating it into KStars now. I also figured that before we get too far, I would attempt a renaming. The name sexysolver came naturally from blending the words Sextractor and Solver which is very descriptive of what the library does. However, several people expressed concern about the name, and not just for puritanical reasons. Recently another friend told me that some people's workplaces might filter or block anything that has the word sexy or sex in it, which could mean that they would be unable to work with the library due to the name. So I have thought about it for a couple of weeks and decided that the name StellarSolver is close enough and still pretty catchy.

I am not 100% sure that I have sorted out all the issues with renaming it yet, since it took me a few steps, but it seems to be mostly good now.

As for how you update, are you currently using Linux, Mac, or Windows? If it is Linux, you can first "git pull" and then use one of the two install scripts that I put in the linux-scripts folder. I did verify that this worked properly yesterday. If it is Mac or Windows, even though I code on my Mac, for distribution I have been releasing craft recipes and binary distributions of the tester. Before I do that, I need to do more testing today to make sure everything works and that I updated the craft recipes properly.

An interesting thing that I noticed: Even though I changed the name of the repo from sexysolver-tester to stellarsolver, the old links still work fine and if you already cloned the repo, you can just do a "git pull" since it is actually still the same repository.

Read More...

Rob Lancaster replied to the topic 'AstroPi3 Scripts revised' in the forum. 4 weeks ago

I can take a look at it. Right now I'm a bit bogged down with other projects. But it is getting into the summer now and I should have more time since my students are almost done.

Read More...

Rob Lancaster replied to the topic 'Did the indi_webcam_ccd go away in the MacOS build?' in the forum. 1 month ago

It is good to know that the driver I made is getting used though it sucks that I forgot it in this version.

Read More...

Rob Lancaster replied to the topic 'Did the indi_webcam_ccd go away in the MacOS build?' in the forum. 1 month ago

No it definitely did not go away. I think the option to build it was turned off when I made the last DMG, sorry about that. Of course, since I wrote the Webcam driver, I am sad that I forgot to include it. That was my mistake and I will make sure it gets back into the next one!

Read More...

Updating that also worked for this image nova.astrometry.net/user_images/3711435#annotated

Read More...

Han, you were quite right, using crpix-center for all the solvers solved the orientation problem you reported on this image nova.astrometry.net/user_images/3710784#original . I think that is a good policy because we really do want the coordinates to be the center of the image. I just committed the change.

Read More...