J.L. created a new topic ' Autopark does not work with my LX200GPS' in the forum. 2 years ago

Hi All;

I am programming my daily sequence and, when finished and before starting it, I'm going to Mount Tab and then click the "Play" button but nothing happens, the countdown field remains 00:00:00. I have set the park hour to 6:30 (my computer hour is set to UTC) and checked the "Every day" box.

This feature may be very useful because I have a security routine in my observatory that closes the roof and cuts off power from all astronomical devices at 7:00 UTC so an autopark feature before this hour is perfect.

I'm using KStars 3.5.7 Stable version.

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance


Good night:
I have a serious issue with QHY6 driver.
I use the càmera as autoguider and there is no problem with the first batch of images but when I have more than one scheduled in Ekos then driver hangs and the next batch does not start because of lack of guiding. The only way for QHY6 to be working again is to take power off and put it back on.

I use KStars 3.5.6 Stable running on Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (Cinnamon version 4.4.8) Linux kernel 5.4.0-91-generic.

I don't feel like replacing the autoguider CCD, it works fine autoguiding so any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance



Firstable, I apologize if I'm posting this topic in the wrong thread so I was not sure if I had to do it here or in the wish list thread.
I'm using a remotely operated observatory with KStars/Ekos and a Meade LX200GPS telescope.
For years I set up GPS data acquisition to "at start up" with some issues with first syncs but lately I have experiencing serious problems in gps data acquisition; the process is really slow and sometimes doesn't work and the telescope change to demand DST, date and time manually so I decided to change set up to "GPS off" and provide date and time to the telescope externally.
The problem with it is that I need to run a VMWare Windows, then start a software app (MyScope.exe by Andrew Johansen) and from the hbx console, inform date and time manually.
The ideal solution will be to send directly from Ekos to lx200gps current date and pc time (it's checked with NTP Server). There is only one command needed to do so and bypass handbox entry of DST, date and time. The command is: :hIYYMMDDHHMMSS#
I checked for a method but I could'nt find it so I wonder if it could be possible to include this operation in Ekos (a button, open a console to do so manually..) it could be a lot more comfortable than open a Windows virtual machine and it would be a lot appreciated, it would fix an issue for lx200gps really remote facilites with no access to the handbox and problem to receive gps signal as mine.
Thanks in advance.
José Luis


Sorry, I was out of home and with no access to the observatory.

We continue using an old version of the driver, it seems it continues failing if updated.

We prioritize operability, so we do not update until there is certainty that it works.
I know only of two other cases in our observer's environment but they simply chose to use the latest operational version...
I don't know if there are a lot of Moravian cameras out there running on Linux...

Best regards


Maybe it was missing when updating the system...

I don't have access right now to my observatory but I'll try to make installation as soon as possible and report the results.

Thank you!!!


Hi again:
We executed the commands provided and these were the results:

a02@a02:~$ sudo apt reinstall libmicam
[sudo] contrasenya per a a02:
libmicam is not currently installed, so it will not be reinstalled
libmicam is not currently installed, so it will not be reinstalled
No s'instal·larà, actualitzarà o suprimirà cap paquet.
0 paquets a actualitzar, 0 a instal·lar, 0 a suprimir i 0 a no actualitzar.
Es necessita obtenir 0 B d'arxius. Després del desempaquetat s'utilitzaran 0 B.

a02@a02:~$ sudo apt reinstall indi-mi
Els paquets següents es tornaran a instal·lar:
0 paquets a actualitzar, 0 a instal·lar, 1 tornats a instal·lar, 0 a suprimir i 0 a no actualitzar.
Es necessita obtenir 0 B/52,0 kB d'arxius. Després del desempaquetat s'utilitzaran 0 B.
(S'està llegint la base de dades… hi ha 592640 fitxers i directoris instal·lats actualment.)
S'està preparant per a desempaquetar …/indi-mi_1.7-0~202002070858~ubuntu18.04.1_amd64.deb…
S'està desempaquetant indi-mi (1.7-0~202002070858~ubuntu18.04.1) sobre (1.7-0~202002070858~ubuntu18.04.1)…
S'està configurant indi-mi (1.7-0~202002070858~ubuntu18.04.1)…


The other info required is as follows:

linux mint 19.2
KStars 3.4.0 build 2020-02-07
indi-full 1.8.3 build 20200207
libindi1 1.8.4 build 20200207
libindi-data 1.8.4 build 20200207
indi-mi 1.7.0 build 2020-02-07

I apologize if any error on the info, my knowledge of Linux is still rudimentary (my observer colleague has much more experience and is the one that made me known KStars) :-)

Thanks again!



In the meantime, we are restored to an early version of Linux (MInt 19.2) that contains KStars 3.3.7. In this version, my MI works fine.

I hope there will be good news soon! :-)

Thank you very much!!!