I found there is a bug in the celestron driver affecting the pulse guiding commands!
I made a pull request to the main INDI repository a few minutes ago. It should be fixed in the next release.
I've been testing the driver and found an error in the code!
I have to test it in the real MaxDomeII board, but I'm quite confident it is the bug that is causing you trouble.
I'm pretty busy this week, but I'll try to fix it as soon as I can.
I think a "Park" button and a "Park azimuth" field would be very interesting additions to the MaxDomeII control panel. Also, a self-calibration procedure would be very useful.
I will work on those features as soon as possible. Thank you for your suggestions!
There is no autocalibration method implemented in the MaxDomeII driver yet. If you want to figure out the ticks per turn you can use the following procedure:
It's good to know it!
Thank you for your feedbak
Maybe you have a malformed XML file in /usr/share/indi.
You could add a new line to driver.py in order to see what xml file is being processed, like this:
for group in root: print(fname) family = group.attrib['group'] ...