Wim van Berlo created a new topic ' Sharpless 2-188 in Cassiopeia' in the forum. 2 months ago

Sh2-188 is a planetary nebula in the constellation Cassiopeia, at a distance of approximately 850 Ly.
The data for this image was collected during tha latest full moon, and constist of about 2.5 hrs of Ha and 3 hrs of RGB for the stars. Processed in PixInsight
Equipment details:

  • mount: SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 GT
    telescope: SkyWatcher 190MN with Pegasus Astro FocusCube
    camera: ZWO ASI294MM Pro with Optolong RGB filters and Baader 7 nm Ha filter
    guiding: ZWO off axis guider with ASI290MM mini camera
    equipment control: Astroberry with Kstars 3.6.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4
jrCA5u5U_Vwu_2560x0_n1wMX-gx.jpg

Read More...


Not the same company, I believe
Rock64 is from Pine64.org, while RockPi4 is from RadXa
I can confirm the problems you had with the Rock64. I bought this sbc to replace an aging RPi 3, mainly because it had a USB3 port and eMMC support. But as you also experienced, the user base is very small and the OS had serious issues. Also, I needed a powered USB hub to get stable operation from my ASI cameras.
The most stable (although not the fastest) platform I have used to date for INDI/Ekos is a Raspberry Pi 4 with the astroberry distro.

Read More...

Unfortunately not. The most annoying part is that filter names are in english, but show in swedish. At first I was afraid they would be in swedish in the fits header also, but it turns out that swedish is limited to the gui. In the drivers panels in Ekos, some fields allow non-english characters, while others don't. It's all very frustrating.

Read More...

FYI, I just checked the driver version I am using: indi_asi_ccd v 2.2

Read More...

The problem went away when I installed astroberry on a clean micro-sd. The original install had kstars 3.5.7 or 3.5.8, but I could update to 3.6.0. No problems whatsoever.

Read More...

Thanks for the reply. It seems that kstars takes the language ftom the Locale settings. Do you by any chance know where the localization files are stored. Maybe it's possible to improve the translations locally.

Read More...

I finally got around testing 3.6.0 in Astroberry.
Here's my configuration:
Raspberry Pi 4 with Astroberry 2.0.4, upgraded to Kstars 3.6.0 (sudo apt update, sudo apt upgrade)
Camera: ASI CCD (ASI294MM Pro)
Guide camera: ASI CCD (ASI290MM mini)
Mount EQMOD Mount (SW AZ-EQ6)
Focuser: Pegasus Focuscube
Filter Wheel: ASI EFW (ASI mini filter wheel with 5 positions)
Auxiliary: Astrometry

I took a quick daytime sequence of 10 10s Luminance images, 10 10s Red images and 10 10s Green images, all Lights at bin 2x2, 30 exposures in total.

From the FITS header in Kstars Fits Viewer it seems that all files have the FILTER keyword.

Read More...

Hi,
I installed Astroberry 2.0,4 on a new SD card and created a new profile for my gear. I also set the locale to Swedish, with a Swedish layout keyboard. In Kstars (before upgrade: 3.5.5) I set the language from Swedish to British English with alternative language US English. Restarted Kstars and the changes took effect. So far, so good.
I then upgraded the system (sudo apt update, sudo apt upgrade), and got the newest Kstars (3.6.0). But with the upgrade, the language defaulted back to Swedish, even though in the Kstars Help menu it still says British English with alternative language US English. Just to be sure, I first switched back to Swedish, restarted Kstars and then chose English again, but to no effect.

So, how do I set the Kstars language?
The reason I'm asking is that the Swedish translation of Kstars just doesn't work. Part of even the basic labels are in English (like "Close"), while concepts that lack a counterpart in Swedish seem to be translated using Google translate.

Read More...

Hi,
I installed Astroberry 2.0,4 on a new SD card and created a new profile for my gear. I also set the locale to Swedish, with a Swedish layout keyboard. In Kstars (before upgrade: 3.5.5) I set the language from Swedish to British English with alternative language US English. Restarted Kstars and the changes took effect. So far, so good.
I then upgraded the system (sudo apt update, sudo apt upgrade), and got the newest Kstars (3.6.0). But with the upgrade, the language defaulted back to Swedish, even though in the Kstars Help menu it still says, British English with alternative language US English. Just to be sure, I first switched back to Swedish, restarted Kstars and chose English again, but to no effect.

So, how do I set the Kstars language?
The reason I'm asking is that the Swedish translation of Kstars just doesn't work. Part of even the basic labels are in English (like "Close"), while concepts that lack a counterpart in Swedish seem to be translated using Google translate.

Read More...

I had a chance to do some imaging tonight with the fresh install of Astroberry (Kstars 3.5.5). All of the images that I've checked had the FILTER keyword in the Fits Header. This is the same hardware as before (Raspberry Pi 4 with 64 GB SD card, same gear attached). For me at least, the problem only appeared after reinstalling the OS and upgrading to Kstars 3.6.0. When I find the time, I will install Astroberry on a spare SD card and update the version of Kstars on it from 3.5.5 to 3.6.0. Perhaps I will find time this weekend.
Cheers,

Wim

Read More...

If you use flat frames as part of your image calibration process, these dust bunnies should disappear. If they don't, there is something wrong with the image calibration process.
If you don't use flat frames, imo, you really should start using them.

Read More...