Thanks for the info. I just assumed it didn't work, because only one showed up, even though I had two in Ekos. I didn't actually have 2 EAFs to test with. I guess it isn't like the ttyUSBxx interfaces, where the port just has to be there. It might well have worked if I had put a second EAF on the scope.

Read More...

Through experimentation, I've learned that multiple focusers are good, but it looks like the ASI driver only supports one focuser at a time. Because of this, I decided to buy a Pegasus Focus Cube 2 as the second focuser.

Read More...

Hi,
I have a Raspberry Pi running Astroberry. I have one ASI EAF focus motor on my WO GT81, riding piggyback on my LX600. I would like to add another EAF on the LX600 focuser. Is there a way to do that witth Indi/Ekos?
Thanks,
Dave

Read More...

If you disable the GPS and then power cycle the scope, and the display stops on the daylight savings prompt, the code should work for you. If not, it won't help.

$ lx-init time /dev/ttyUSB0
Replace "ttyUSB0" with your scope port name.
The attached bz2 file has a compiled RPi executable and the source code. If it looks familiar, 90% of it is the TTY driver from Indi. 

File Attachment:

File Name: lx_init.tar.bz2
File Size: 7 KB


Read More...

I have a 12" LX600 that has a bad GPS receiver. Never gets a lock. But it used to do the same thing your GPS does - sync off somewhere, usually the same number of hours west of the actual coordinates. Five hours west, AFAIR. After messing around with it for several months I turned the GPS off on the hand controller and picked up a US$19 U-Blox USB GPS receiver and hooked that to the Raspberry Pi. I added gpsmon, the Indi driver, and set KStars to sync everything to the GPS.

Because the telescope needs date and time, I wrote a little C program to push the date and time out to the scope after power up. Without that I had to set the date and time manually. That may be an Autostar II command. I don't know what the 14" GPS uses for a controller.
HTH,

Read More...

David Allmon replied to the topic 'images not downloading' in the forum. 9 months ago

I wish I had a solution for you. From time to time I have the same problem, with an SBIG camera. It exposes, then when it comes time to download it just sits there with some fraction of a second in the timer window. It happens to me rarely, but when it does, the only thing I've ever been able to do to get it working again is close Ekos and Kstars (the disconnect and stop buttons don't usually work), then VNC into the RPi and stop Indi. When I load it back up it almost always works. Very rarely I have to reboot the RPi. Not a solution for you, and probably a completely different problem, but same symptoms.

Read More...

David Allmon replied to the topic 'StellarMate OS for Linux' in the forum. 10 months ago

I installed Raspberry Pi Desktop on the Mac Mini i7 with 16gb RAM to little success. I could get the OS to work, but Kstars was 3.0.0 and Debian is not as friendly as I had hoped. I wiped it and installed Ubuntu 20.04 and the Jasem PPAs, and it is up and running grabbing frames off of my camera. I had trouble with the PPA timing out halfway through the upgrade, but it eventually gave up and worked. The one thing I have left to do is fine-tune the VNC so I get higher quality screen data. It is noticibly more perky than the MacOS Catalina that I had on it. So I spent about two hours on Ubuntu, mainly because I didn't know that 20.04 comes with Vino already installed and running.

Read More...

David Allmon replied to the topic 'StellarMate OS for Linux' in the forum. 10 months ago

It would need to be compiled to run on an x86 CPU. The VM can't emulate an Arm processor as far as I know.

Read More...

David Allmon replied to the topic 'StellarMate OS for Linux' in the forum. 10 months ago

I've run Ubuntu on one of my 2012 i7 Mac Mini's and I don't recall having any issues. Windows as well. A problem with the newer ones is they have replaced the 4 USB A ports with either 2 or 4 USB C / Thunderbolt ports, so external adapters or a docking station are required in order to get enough USB A ports for my gear. If you can live with that, it may work. I've not tested the newer ones with Linux.

Read More...

I get a simalar result, but not exactly the same.I get a simalar result, but not exactly the same.

 

Read More...

Thanks. I thought that was the case, and the FITS verifier worked, but CCFits would only read 39 of the 52 cards. I was using "readAllKeys()" method, which oddly enough, doesn't read all keys. Only certain categories and then only certain data types in those categories.

Read More...

I seem to have answered this. The Fits Verifier at fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits_verify.html says the Fits file is fine. I'm just not reading it corrrectly, I guess.

Read More...

I'm trying to read the cards from a fits file made by indi. CCfits only reads 39 cards. There are 52 in the header. One of the cards it won't read is "BZERO". The reason I ask if it is wonky is that I expected 36 cards in the primary header and the rest in an extension. I may very well be reading the docs wrong, but CCfits is having trouble reading it. I've looked at Fits files from other sources, but haven't found any that exceed the 36 cards yet.

Thanks,
Dave

Read More...