Wow, looks like AradoSKYindi has been on a roll and found a few issues and offered solutions!
Any chance these could be incorporated into next releases of Astroberry?
So I had my first guided session with Ekos a couple nights ago, clear skies are far a few between, and well I was not getting very far with DEC guiding.
Sometimes the calibration step would complete, although this was mostly luck probably due to apparent mount movement in the DEC from noise in the guide image.
I found a hint regarding validating that DEC guiding commands from a post that Jashem had in another discussion a few years back in the forum, and decided I would give it a go.
In the Indi Panel I provided 5000ms pulses to N and S alternatively whilst the AZGTI mount was tracking. This resulted in no effect to the N/S travel whatsoever!
Do we know if this mount with EQMod has compatibility issues?
I noticed in the Indi Panel also that the tracking rate for DEC is set at 0, and RA is set at the default sidreal value. I assume this is because the mount is in EQ mode, and hence provided you are polar aligned and after a GOTO/Solve & Slew you don't need any "tracking" in DEC.
Any thoughts or guidance?
So just to add to my previous post regarding Wifi dropping when connecting my ZWO 294 to the RPI4 with Stellarmate 1.4.6:
I flashed Astroberry 2.0 last night and used the exact same hardware, connected all my gear in the same way, ZWO 294 into the USB3 port etc, and Wifi hotspot is stable. No issues. Yipee!!!
So for me this certainly discounts any power source noise issues, low power issues (I'm using a 12v 6A), or RPI4 hardware issue.
In fact it squarely points the problems at being within the Stellarmate software/image and perhaps the drivers/kernel modules being used to run the RPI4 hardware.
Not sure what more I can do, what logs I could provide etc, so that we can get Stellarmate as stable as rock rock too as I like the product and paid for it. But I'm some sense I'm disappointed, as its been a struggle getting things up and running, and I've raised support requests with the Stellarmate team and not had any replies.
For now I will stick with Astroberry 2.0 and concentrate on getting my skills up capturing a few nebulae
Clear skies all.
I started setting up my new ZWO camera last night with the 1.4.6 which i though I would upgrade to first. However noticed some very odd behaviour.
I have a RPI 4B 4GB.
As soon as I connect the ZWO 294 to one of the USB3 ports on the RPI4 the stellarmate hotspot dissapears/drops. I tested this a number of times to make sure. Disconnect the camera usb lead from either end (the camera end or the RPI4 end) and the wifi comes up again shortly. Connect the camera and the wifi hotspot drops away.
It feels like there may be some interplay of the USB drivers and the wifi system?
I found a similar post where someone else described very similar behaviour with his QHY cam.
I suspect there is something going on with drivers/irqs/pci bus or even maybe electronic noise. I did try and issolate any affect of noise from my power sources, and even tried short USB3 leads to and from the camera and pi to limit any cable pickup/capacitance.
Can anyone duplicate this effect or experienced it? How did you resolve?
Yeah, looks like im seeing the same or similar issue.
Kstars 3.3.7 crashes on connecting with indi since I upgraded from 3.3.6.
Kstars log has no output of value indicating the issue, all I have are entries in Windows event viewer that show something related to QtWidgets.dll.
Wonder if this might be a compiler platform issue, half tempted to use the QtWidgets. dll from 3.3.6.
So I've just updated KStars on my PC to match the update on my Stellarmate to 3.3.7 and cannot get them to connect without KStars crashing.
As soon as I connect EKOS and indi driver tab comes up, it hand momentarily and crashes.
The logs for Kstars dont show anything of value, the only indication of what might be going wrong is the below error from Windows Event Viewer.
I have uninstalled KStars 3.3.6, uninstalled and re-installed KStars 3.3.7 on my PC after also removing some left over folders in AppData user profile etc.
In the Stellarmate itself, using EKOS locally, all connections and things seem to be fine and work.
Faulting application name: kstars.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dc4e4ee Faulting module name: Qt5Widgets.dll, version: 22.214.171.124, time stamp: 0x5db216c0 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000eb88b Faulting process ID: 0x35d8 Faulting application start time: 0x01d597155bb87ec4 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\KStars Desktop Planetarium\bin\kstars.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\KStars Desktop Planetarium\bin\Qt5Widgets.dll Report ID: 921fc17f-9ca3-4e06-8466-ab22c9f79edd Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: