I have bee using astroberry fora few months now with a star tracker. I upgraded to an HEQ5 and have been trying to figure out how to do a meridian flip. Last night, I was imaging the Veil Nebula and was expecting a meridian flip around 1am. The flip occurred but something went wrong. I attached 2 images, the last exposure before the flip (veil.PNG) and the first image after the flip (noveil.PNG). As you can see, the mount ended up pointing somewhere else.
I have tested this functionality indoors by pointing to something just east of the meridian and checking the flip checkbox in ekos. The flip is attempted but it ends up no where near where it should. In my test, I started near DRACO and ended up near CYNGUS.
My routine is usually 1) set up mount. 2) add OTA. 3) polar align. 4) slew to target. 5) plate solve and sync. 6) setup phd2. 7) start imaging.