That data is there as well, in nanometers:
Convertsto 1.55 um! this is really great, good job Tyler. I was looking for that as well, but i only found other sensor information in other objects.
Hello, Let me put my two cents as well here
First, I have solved stability issues with 1GB rpi, i added ssd and created SWAP partition on it.
Simon, you are now way ahead of me! I am still having trouble running anything, but due to your fix on startup, I have detected that my version of Kstars is faulty. Kstars was installed directly from raspberryPi repo, and it is missing some icons, that should give me some idea.
When I connect from remote Kstars located on Astroberry I can now connect to Libcamera driver, not able to take capture or stream but I do connect.
In regards with Tylers comment, I completely agree that we should extract stuff from libcamera-apps, if possible completely remove dependency to libcamera-apps (not libcamera it self, I believe that is not possible), but maybe we should focus on that after we enable basic stuff to work.
Jason, I would prefer not to keep table as that is harder to maintain, but it might be necessary, unless we can get all the stuff we need from libcamera. We can get a some details from libcamera: supported resolutions, supported binnings, supported max FPS, is frame packed or unpacked, and raw coding of frame. am not sure if we can get pixel size, and that could be a problem.
Anjo I had similar problems when compiling. I only solved it by manually changing file mentioned on end of this thread:
Just for your info it is very sluggish and freezing on 4b 1gb, while it works well on 8gb version.
I have built libcamera now myself, but I am still having same issues, I might need to build kstars as well as my version is missing a lot of stuff, including buttons This might finally force me to go to Stellarmate
Indeed I will try to build libcamera directly as well. to see will it make everything.
I am planning to switch to StellarMate for over a year but too lazy for migration from astroberry to be frank, I did not think it supports libcamera apps, one of the reasons I did not switch yet.
I see that we have a lot of discrepancy between our issues but indeed I am using Clean RaspberryPiOs Bullseye while you two are both using Stellarmate(ubunu mate?) It might be that we have different libcamea builds as well.
Can you do this command libcamera-hello --version I have this two:
astroberry@raspberrypi:~ $ libcamera-hello --version libcamera-apps build: 73ab09fcf408 09-11-2022 (14:52:54) libcamera build: v0.0.1+54-d528119f
libcamera-hello --version libcamera-apps build: f047a5b01578-intree 12-07-2022 (03:13:06) libcamera build: v0.0.0+3730-67300b62
Just final comment, I made it work on my old environemnt as well.
Reason why it was not working was discrepancy in usr/include/libindi. in new environment it was larger by 100kb and it contained "abstractbaseclient.h" among other things that "older" version was missing.
Simply copping /usr/include/libindi DID indeed fix the problem. I am not sure why it was not updating properly by default.
to prevent those first crashes. It still does not work for my camera but i can debug now and find out what exactly is the issue.
Ok, So regarding crashes that is where fun starts
My crashes as well, but a bit differently, now install QTCreator, and follow steps from tutorial, to enable debugging.
try to add libcamera-apps
as well, they come by default for RpiOS, probably not for StellarMate
do the line 44 and contiue, I should have removed 33, will edit now.
I am in! Thanks! I think I might be useful now
So 528 cameraManager.reset(); is culprit for crashing, I think this has something with libcamera as well as there is commit similar to this on libcamera.
All in all I will be able to debug now and I will try to make driver more stable.
Simon you can try to run it as well, our environments are a bit different, but more the merrier. You have initial commands, then install QT creator(sudo apt install qtcreator)
then follow this tutorial: