I just got it working with Ekos on Astroberry, but it's buggy as hell.
CEM70G, iOptron iGuider + iOptron iPolar. The iPolar seems to work fine, the mount works well. The iGuider is very buggy. I can do streaming just fine. It does 0.1 - 0.25 second exposures fine. 0.5 seconds and higher is 1 minute or more of waiting for the capture to finish.
Internal Guiding does not work. I hit the Loop button, and it just does a capture, nothing ever appears in the window, i.e., the Box never appears for clicking on a star. I got it to once, but I think it was just a fluke. And even if I could, half second exposures won't work so well here anyways.
Attached the screenshots of everything. I'm not sure the pixel size and such for the iPolar, but it was working enough to stream and take some pics in the CCD tab. The iPolar also works just fine used in the Guide tab.
I took a ton of screenshots of all the settings while everything was functional (for the most part). See the zip for them all.
Anyone have any guidance for me to get the iGuider working for Ekos internal guiding?
Yup, so sad. That's why I've stopped using indi for everything except what I'm forced to use it with (Fujifilm X-T4)... and even that has issues, but at least it's mostly usable, where as I cannot use it with anything on Windows.
I use a Windows laptop to control everything else (CEM70g, iGuider, iPolar, etc), and Astroberry just for my Fujifilm camera. If Indi would properly support the iGuider and iPolar in an intuitive way, I'd go back to using it for everything (which is what I WISH i could do).
I have a few issues where the drivers crash and I am forced to physically reconnect the USB from the camera into the R-Pi4.
1. After I connect and open up Ekos, I am free to either start a sequence, or, open up a Live Video feed (Live Video feed example shown in screenshot).
2. As seen in my screenshot, the live video feed works just fine. I can record, GoTo, move the mount around manually if I want, etc.
3. If I close the Live Video window, it reopens up again with no live feed. It's like the drivers crash and I need to close everything, and reconnect the USB cable.
4. If instead of closing the Live Video feed, and I attempt to take pictures via a sequence, the same result happens, the drives crash.
5. The reverse is true, where if I first start taking pictures via a sequence, and then want to open up a Live Video feed, the drivers (or whatever) crash and I am forced to reconnect the USB to camera and restart everything.
Screenshot attached, but here's the link anyways: snipboard.io/KFJ8GL.jpg
I am able to create a sequence and take pics. But at some point, after x amount of successful pictures taken, the camera stops taking pictures but continues taking pictures anyways, reusing the last photo for each new picture taken.
For example, It'll get to 20th job in the queue, let's say job #20 is supposed to take a photo at ISO 1600. It will take it, but then after that, every photo after that, no matter the settings of the job in the queue, will be that photo, no matter the settings.
When this happens, I no longer hear the camera shutter working, but Ekos still thinks it's taking photos and reuses the last one from #20.
I have no way of knowing when this happens unless I'm close enough to realize the camera shutter is no longer making it's noise while Ekos is still taking photos.
Anyone have any ideas?
Any logs needed?
I'm using Astroberry, and have fully updated everything as of a couple days ago.