INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

resolution webcam

• Thank you received: 0

resolution webcam was created by EPT

Hi All,

I am new to guiding and fairly new to raspi as well.

I am trying to get my bresser camera running in kstar, ekos and was able to mount it as an INDI webcam.
bresser-online.nl/Webwinkel-Product-4926...-Full-HD-Camera.html
The scope is a 240 mm 60 mm guide scope.
In INDI the camera is mounted as an indi webcam which gives a 720 pix resolution (it shows 5 mu instead of 3 mu pixels) and only supports raw format.
I can choose between 8 bit and 16 bith greyscale, but cant adapt the pixel size or resolution.

In astrodmx it show full HD (1080) via video4linux.

Although i am trying to fix the issues above (that is get correct pixel size and resolution), the main problem is that i cant find enough stars to guide on (imaging m31).
I have been able to find one of the moons of jupiter and guide on them for a bit but most of the frames are pitch black without any stars (not the usual grey as you find on the internet)

Is this camera not usable or am i missing some key factor?

Thanks in advance

Ept
2 years 6 months ago #76805

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic resolution webcam

There is no way to know the pixel size. The other driver V4L2 uses a simple hard-coded database to know the pixel size for popular webcams. I would like to use "INDI Webcam" driver but it's still missing a few features. Try to use the "V4L2 CCD" driver and see if you can adjust any settings (brightness etc.) to get any stars.
2 years 6 months ago #76823

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by EPT on topic resolution webcam

V4L2 solved the resolution and pixel size issue.
(be sure not to log as pi or admin).

I had some troubles posting this question and apparently made 2 almost identical post.
So i will continue in the other thread.
2 years 5 months ago #77057

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds