INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Openastroguider V3

• Thank you received: 1

Openastroguider V3 was created by Lucas

Hello!
What do I have to set to use the IMX290 camera module from the OpenAstroGuider V3?
This is the link to the camera module used: OpenAstroGuider V3

I hope someone can give me a tip

CS
Lucas
9 months 5 days ago #94131

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 29

Replied by Ben Gilsrud on topic Openastroguider V3

I don't have this camera or really know anything about it, but I would guess that the webcam driver would be your best bet.
8 months 4 weeks ago #94230

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Lucas on topic Openastroguider V3

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your answer, i tried INDI-Webcam and V4L driver, but both only worked with a resolution of 640x480px.
That was far too little for me. 2 days ago i tried it again and it suddenly worked better.
1280x720p @V4L is currently set and it works. Maybe it was an update that was installed a few days ago...
Now my setup is ready to test and the weather sucks

CS
Lucas
8 months 4 weeks ago #94236

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Peter Saunderson on topic Openastroguider V3

I am also attempting to use OpenAstroGuider - have you found a way to reliably get 1280x720p @V4L working? So far most of my attempts end up with 640x480px.

Peter
4 months 2 weeks ago #97520

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Peter Saunderson on topic Openastroguider V3

I think I have found my solution.. for me the INDI-Webcam does not provide all the matching configuration settings for the IMX290 chip.. The "V4L2 CCD" driver is much better and provides all the configuration items needed. By comparing the output from

v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext -d /dev/video0

and

v4l2-ctl -L

that show all the supported combinations of the various parameters I think (touch wood) that I can get a reliable capture at whatever pixel dimensions I wish for.

I have noticed that after running the output of v4l2-ctl suggests only 30fps is supported for all the pixel sizes.. but reboot the PC and the 15, 20, 25, 30 fps speeds get restored. Other than that wiki.openastrotech.com/Knowledge/Guiding seems to show how PHP2 is configured for guiding so waiting now for good conditions!
4 months 2 weeks ago #97523

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds