INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Zwo2600 fan not turning on with KStars 3.6.8

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

Up to yesterday, I ran my Zwo2600mm + EFW + Zwo174mini with KStars 3.6.7 on Stellarmate Plus. The profile includes both cameras as "camera 1" and "camera 2" respectively.

Then I updated to KStars 3.6.8. When I turn on the Stellarmate, the fan of the Zwo2600mm turns on, as it should be.

I had to change the profile, since "camera 1" and "camera 2" are no longer available, only "Zwo CCD" is proposed. When I launch the it, the fan stops (which is normal, since I stop the cooling at the end of each imaging session). All my equipment is recognized.

But... if I switch on the cooling, the fan does not turn on. The cooling power raises and the temperature decreases, but the fan does not turn on. As a result, the cooling performance is much poorer. I thought that it was not possible to enable cooling without turning on the fan.

Everything is fine with Asistudio, so it is not an hardware problem. Seems to be a "feature" of 3.6.8. What is happening ? How to correct this ?

Thanks,
Philippe
4 months 2 weeks ago #97532

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 168
New ASI Camera SDK (1.31) added a new control for fan speed so that might be set to zero in your case. Look for a new control in the Controls tab of INDI control panel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette, Filliatre
4 months 2 weeks ago #97551

If this the case, then we should turn fan on with cooling in the driver? Is there a reason you don't want the fan running? maybe it's already very cold outside and you don't want vibrations?
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
4 months 2 weeks ago #97552

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you Jarno and Jasem,

With your input I found the "control" tab in the driver panel, with the relevant slider FanSpeedAdjust. Which was at zero. I set it at another value and everything works perfectly.

This new possibility of the SDK is indeed a great thing, since, as you may now (several threads on CloudyNights on this), the fan may yield elongated stars at long focal. Because the thermal signal is low on IM571, it is not really necessary to go below -10°C, which can be easily obtained with a fan at low power, or even turned off, in winter time (temperature already at 0°C or below).

Philippe
4 months 2 weeks ago #97555

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds