[SOLVED] Meade DSI driver won't start

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 3

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 29
Hi Daniel,
Do other drivers work?

-Ben
8 years 7 months ago #5260

Hi Ben.
Yes, I tried to start the ccd simulator, indi_sx_ccd and indi_qsi_ccd driver and they all started without any problems.

/Daniel
8 years 7 months ago #5261

• Thank you received: 29
I think what you're seeing is what happens when the driver is crashing. Could you try getting a backtrace? I think this is spelled out in section 3 at www.indilib.org/forum/general/571-read-b...support-request.html

Thanks,
Ben
8 years 7 months ago #5263

I get the same problem in Ekos VM but not on my local machine, could be a PPA build issue, will investigate tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Franzén
8 years 7 months ago #5267

• Thank you received: 46
I am testing here today with a dsi, and it's working fine. Setup

Meade dsipro, one of the really old cheapies, mounted in a 127mak. I've got an extender and reducer in now, finally got it to reach focus correctly. The big 'under stars' test will happen later this evening, but it's taking frames of some distant trees right now, and working well.

The computer in my case is an atom based netbook, running 32 bit install of ubuntu vivid. The indi is all built from source, fresh updates earlier today.
8 years 7 months ago #5269

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

I'm also running Kubuntu virtually on my macbook using vmware.
Yesterday I tried to connect using only simulators but got the same error, so it seems that the local connect problem is not related to the DSI driver.

/Daniel
8 years 7 months ago #5302

The latest KStars seems to have fixed the local connect error while running on a virtual machine. I could connect to it locally now.

So, back to the problem why indi_dsi_ccd won't start on RPi...
Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just on my Raspberry that this happens?
8 years 7 months ago #5364

It's working fine here on the Raspberry PI. Are you using the latest Raspberry PI package from the download section?
8 years 7 months ago #5365

Hi. No I'm building from source.
I'll have to try the precompiled package and see it that works instead. Could there be a dependency problem? There are no build errors when I compile indilib and 3rdparty drivers.

/Daniel
8 years 7 months ago #5366

Try the packages and let's see.. the package are daily-built anyway so you won't miss any changes.
8 years 7 months ago #5367

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds