INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_asi_ccd driver crash

• Thank you received: 30
Nothing but rain and decided to refresh my calibration libraries. Can't get all my devices to connect - particularly the ZWO devices (Cameras and filter wheel). I'm running 3.6.2 on a Mac as well as on an RPi. I'm getting the same connectivity problems whether I run KStars/EKOS from the Mac and use the RPi as the server or if I run it on the RPi and control using VNC or Screens. Here's a screenshot of the error when running EKOS on the RPi.

I have two RPi's (each attached to a different setup) and they both behave the same way. Before I post log files and such, I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing similar problems and if there was something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!
1 year 3 months ago #89565
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Fred,
Which operating system are you using on the RPi. I've just experienced similar with the ATIK camera driver using a 64 Bit Bullseye operating system on a RPi 4. I've changed the card to an Ubuntu Mate 22.04 64 Bit system and it works fine. Both systems are using KSTARS 3.6.2 stable. I'm about to build another card on the Bullseye system with the nightly release to see if anything has changed.

Thanks

Alan
1 year 3 months ago #89571

Hi Alan,

I am using 64 Bit Bullseye on a RPi4 (Debian GNU/Linux (bullseye)) - it's the StellarMate OS distribution. The StellarMate OS is v1.7.4.

This is very frustrating - everything worked a few weeks ago and now this. Haven't changed anything that I can recall in that time. Since I posted, I downloaded a 3.6.3 version of KStars with no change in outcome. I've restored 3.6.2 and tried to set up a new profile. If I select a ZWO camera, starting the profile doesn't connect the camera - it doesn't even show up. If I change the camera to the simulator camera - everything is fine.
1 year 3 months ago #89572

Fred,
That's exactly the issue I had, the ATIK camera would not connect and did not display at all in the INDI panel.

The Bullseye OS card I'm using is built using Nou's Astro Soft Build Script so I can easily run another build on a spare card. Having said that the same SD card finds the ZWO guide camera ASI 120 MM-S straight away. I didn't try taking an image with the ZWO camera as the system was unusable because of the issue with the imaging camera.

I've used the Bullseye O/S for a quite while now without any issues, without any changes to KSTARS or INDI then this, there may have been a change in the kernel on one of the updates that's pushed through for the Bullseye OS.

I'm about to start the build now so it will be finished in a few hours. I'll check it out with a camera and let you know the result.

Thanks

Alan
1 year 3 months ago #89574

Fred,
I built the nightly version card on a Bullseye OS, just tried it and everything seems to work fine. The ATIK and ZWO cameras connect and I can take an image. Have you tried a new unused card with a new flash of StellarMate? I have had issues with an update on a sd card in the past, where some setting carries over to the new install and the fault persists.

Regards

Alan
1 year 3 months ago #89588

Alan,

After trying other things, I downloaded the latest StellarMate OS and flashed it to an SSD (I haven't been using the SD card slot). I set up my equipment again and everything seems to be working now - thanks for the tip. I think I'll avoid checking for some of these interim updates via the StellarMate updater unless it's a major release. Now to re-load my index files and other configurations - I need to remember to back those up!

Clear skies!
1 year 3 months ago #89592

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds