INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Incorrect dome position in 3.6.3 Stable

• Thank you received: 9
Hi Jasem,

I've been running 3.6.3 Beta Build: 2023-02-01T13:01:09Z for a while with no issues. but running 3.6.3 Stable I'm finding that the dome rotation position is not stopping at the correct place. For example in side by side tests between these two versions, with no configuration changes, when slewing to M82 and then slaving enabled the dome rotates to 341 degrees Under 3.6.3 Stable . In this position the OTA/guide scope are not centred in the shutter opening. Switching back to version 3.6.3 Beta Build: 2023-02-01T13:01:09Z and slewing to the same target the dome rotates to 311 degrees and the OTA/Guide scope is centred in the shutter opening. This being some 30 degrees difference. Has something in this area changed between these two versions?

Regards.
1 year 2 months ago #90377

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No changes as far as I know. This is handled at the INDI driver level, not KStars. You've got INDI logs for both versions to compare what's different?

Can you please edit your signature and add your equipment there? which dome is in used..etc?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
1 year 2 months ago #90381

Thanks Jasem,
I'll do do more testing with simulators and see if I get different results. It could be significant that 3.6.3 Beta is using indi 1.9.x where 3.6.3 stable is using indi 2.0.0.

Regards.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Ray.
1 year 2 months ago #90385

Thanks for your help Jasem,

Turned out to be figure trouble on my part. :-(

Regards.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Ray. Reason: closing problem
1 year 2 months ago #90399

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds