INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

8 scheduler tasks, but all are marked "Complete" as soon as the first finishes

• Thank you received: 20
Another station on my personal road to collimation: To assess off-axis astigmatism in my RC, I used Paul Evans's spreadsheet to calculate eight pairs of coordinates to displace a star to the edges of the FOV.

The way that works is you enter one star's RA/DEC and some parameters about your system, and it generates coord pairs for top, upper left, left, etc., evenly radially spaced around the FOV.

I created a sequence file that just took one shot and saved it, then did eight entries in the Ekos Scheduler module, one for each of the coord pairs, invoking that sequence. I saved that to an ESL file and ran it. It slewed to the first offset in the series and shot the image...but then marked all the subsequent entries as "Completed", shut down INDI, and petulantly refused to do any more. I unchecked Focus, Guide, and Align, since I needed a <em>de</em>focused image to work with, the exposures were only half a second, and there was no need to plate solve when slewing just 5-10 minutes of arc.

Any ideas what's going on, here? The locations are only 10' or so apart but that shouldn't matter. This was running on Windows, accessing indiserver running on my Pi over an Ethernet cable.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Rick Wayne.
1 year 1 month ago #91942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114
Did you changed target directory? Because if you duplicate job with same target directory Ekos will just assume that job is already finished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Wayne
1 year 1 month ago #91946

• Thank you received: 20
Ahhh, that's it then. Thanks!

And, well, darn. The exposures all have to go to the same folder so that SkyWave will notice them and process them automatically. At least that's the goal. Well, I could write a bash script that moves the files to the real target folder one by one, and have the scheduler run that script after it finishes.

Thanks again!
1 year 1 month ago #91964

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds