INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS - Scheduler Window - Align box - Is the control via the Align Window??

• Thank you received: 3
The question is regarding the scope of the 'Align' box in the scheduler window . For image sequences there is a distinct esq file with specific configurable parameters. For the Align box there does not appear to be an equilivant structure. I assume the box references the current settings in the align window. Is this correct?
If the objective is to use plate solving for a sechedue then those parameters are controlled by the align window.
Thanks if advance, Dan
1 year 2 days ago #92422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Additional reading and menu window shopping added a few more questions. The Align window uses a data element 'target'. If I use the mount control window to create a target and perform a goto the mount stops when the telescope coordinates match the target coordinates. The actual object may not be 'centered'. If I then enter the align window will the goto target data element be preserved? If I set the slew to target switch and activate the capture and solve button will the align routine be activated? Will the target element value be preserved and will it be used for the align process?
1 year 1 day ago #92426

It appears as though that is the case. I entered a target in the mount control window, performed a goto; and then entered the align window. The target was the objective of the align. I was unable to get plate solve to work but that was poor seeing not kstars. Hope this helps someone.
1 year 19 hours ago #92450

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, your assumption is correct. The 'Align' box in the scheduler window references the current settings in the align window. There is no separate file structure for the align box like the esq file for image sequences.
1 year 7 hours ago #92459

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds