INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Third telescope FL and FOV for plate solving

• Thank you received: 17
At the moment I am using two telescope descriptions in setting up EKOS. I have the main scope for imaging (and for guiding as I have an OAG), the second telescope is my e-finder; a small Orion 9x50 (fl 179mm) with a camera that I use only for plate solving (it it very fast because of its wide FOV) when I am moving to a new target.

At some point in the (hopefully ) near future I will receive a Night Owl reducer to drop the main SCT to F/4.0, with a fl of 940 mm. At that point I can no longer use the OAG as there is not enough backfocus distance. So I will need to add another scope for guiding. I already have an Svbony that has a fl of 290 mm and it will be used as my guide scope. I would like to keep the e-finder in place for plate solving during slewing, but that requires a third telescope description in EKOS.

Would it be possible to add a third telescope description to EKOS so I can keep my arrangement?

thanks
1 year 20 hours ago #92453

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
Not sure what the limit for optical trains is, but it's definitely higher than 2 :D

E.g., I have a third one defined which is almost identical to the primary one, but lacks the filter wheel. I use that for alignment, to make it use whatever filter is in at the moment, as a change would trigger a refocus...

So just define whatever you need, and check you've selected the appropriate one.
1 year 10 hours ago #92457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.725 seconds