INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler endlessly recycles job

• Thank you received: 566
Sorry about that.Here they are.

I guess it was unhappy with the .esq .esl extensions and I needed to add .txt to the end.

Hy
11 months 3 weeks ago #92577
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Hey, I got it to work! The problem I'd had with the actual camera after implementing your file-naming suggestion turned out to be that I hadn't updated the height and width of the frame in the Camera tab, it was still at 1280 x 960 or whatever from the simulator. Once I updated that, I got both jobs to take their frame and finish up.

We'll see what happens under the stars when I'm using the real mount too, but it's looking really good for now. Thanks so much for your help.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92612

Hahahaha OK, it *almost* works. It does 7 out of 8 jobs flawlessly. It skips the 5th job. If I reorder them, it skips a different one. But always the 5th one. As a software developer, I have to say that that kind of petulant behavior is pretty hilarious. Bugs with a sense of humor are the best kind.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92622

• Thank you received: 566
Happy to look into it, if you'd like.
Can you easily recreate with the simulator?
If so, please send me instructions on how to re-create and also include your .esq and .esl files
and also a log where you have verbose logging enabled for all the ekos modules e.g. like in the image below.

11 months 3 weeks ago #92627
Attachments:

I'm not sure I understand why, but I do have it working.

It was skipping the job named "Right". Just jumped right over it in the scheduler. Didn't matter which position it was in. If I renamed it to "RightThingie", it worked just fine. I can live with that.

Again, things worked flawlessly with the simulator, it was just when I hooked up my actual cameras that I got this additional behavior. But since I have a workaround for it, I'm less interested in chasing it.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92644

Actually, that's not quite true. It appears to be skipping a randomly-selected job in the queue. If I figure out which one it is, I can duplicate it and then the duplicate (with a different name) executes. There are no error messages or obvious clues in the log output, it lists the names of the unskipped jobs as the ones it's going to execute as if the skipped one weren't there. It isn't position 5, it isn't the name. Just...something.

So I have a workaround, which is to run it twice, figure out which is bad, and duplicate it. Since I'm shooting single short frames, this is not a big deal. If I were scheduling four-hour sessions, it certainly would be.
11 months 2 weeks ago #92729

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds