INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler - Greedy

• Thank you received: 41

Scheduler - Greedy was created by Euripides

Hello!

Could you please give me a hand to understand that please? I have a pretty basic scheme here:

1. I want to start 1. FlatsDarkFlats at 22:00 (Ok here)
2. I want to start 2. HD_193062 at 22:25 (Ok here)
3. I want to start 3. Lion as soon as the 2. ends
4. I want to start 4. Lion as soon as the 3. ends

etc.

PS. Every Lion sequence has the same parameters, just changing the filter.

Do I have to enter manually the time for every single sequence for Lion, or it will ignore everything (even the Next Start time) and will continue?
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Euripides.
10 months 1 week ago #93591
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 566

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic Scheduler - Greedy

First of all, please make sure that every Lion job has a unique name. That's what's causing the warning at the bottom of the screen.

In general, you don't have to specify any of the start times, and it is much simpler and more reliable to let the scheduler decide the times given your other constraints (see below). It will execute the jobs in order of precedence (which is determined by the row number, row 1 with highest, bottom row with lowest precedence). The exception is that a lower precedence job may run if the higher precedence one can't (because of constraints).

I almost always have twilight and altitude (and artificial horizon) constraints checked--you don't in the screenshot. It looks like your jobs are executing well before astronomical twilight, because you are not constraining those. You probably don't want to do that. Usually the underlying reason that you want to enforce some start time constraint is because of twilight and altitude. So it's better to just set the constraints directly there, and I bet the scheduler will come up with a good schedule.

If the scheduler doesn't set reasonable times, then save and post the .esl (scheduler) and .esq (capture sequence) files, and your location, and tell me what's wrong with the computed schedule and I'll take a look.

Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides
10 months 1 week ago #93593

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Euripides on topic Scheduler - Greedy

Thank you Hy!

The hint here is the Job Constraints. If I do not have any, then it is not working as expected - at least as I am attempting to.

For example here as I said earlier I want Lion to begin as soon as HD_193062 Sii. So I mark it as ASAP after the 2nd sequence and instead of 23:51 the clock sets 21:29 (actually right now).

But if I set constraints it changes and calculates the time correctly. So I can understand that this is actually a requirement (Job Constrains)
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Euripides.
10 months 1 week ago #93595
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds