INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

images saved as .bin files to the wrong drive

• Thank you received: 1
hi. just installed the latest kstars and doing some testing and the images are saved as .bin files
not to the usb drive i put in the save location. did some searching but search is not showing any results.
any suggestions on how to get it to save as fits or xisf format.
10 months 21 hours ago #93740

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hello,

In fact with just the defaults it should be just fine.

Did you try to save locally? Do you get the same result?

Did you try to format the thumb drive?

9 months 3 weeks ago #93800
Attachments:

Hi. The problem started when I installed the latest version of kstars .
It was a perfectly working setup but auto focus was unreliable so I thought I would give the new focussing routines a go. For some reason I couldn't install the latest version . I upgraded my Linux Mint to Vanessa and while I was at it I formatted the drive with LVM. Following the upgrade the latest version of kstars installed but would only save the images on the main drive as a .bin file. These files were screen shots of the kstars desktop . Very weird. So after a new install of kstars on a standard Linux partition it now works as it should with only four days of grief. Now it's cloudy and rainy. Still trying to see if it was worth the trouble . Hope the focus module works better than the old version .
9 months 3 weeks ago #93816

Hi. I notice on your screen shot of the CCD simulator tab that xisf is an option. This is not available with the latest version I downloaded again last night . I suppose it's not in the qhy driver. It's a shame because it's one of the reasons I started this whole upgrade route along with the improved focus options.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93848

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds