INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fosuser failing when in-capture autofocusing

• Thank you received: 1
Hi all,
I have a problem with the in-capture refocusing. My focusing scenario relies on linear focusing with hyperbole curve and it is working fine when used manually. However, when used automatically during sequence capture, it identifies well the correct focus position, but it sends the focuser to a different position. It does not behave always like that, but in the majority of cases it does. I attach an image where you can see that in spite of a correctly identified sweet spot on the curve (25714), it indicates the required value as 25814. Up left in the edit box the value is already correct (25714), as I overwrote it manually. Anyone has some hint?

Thank you very much, Michal

1 year 1 month ago #91353
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 282
Hi Michal,

Could you post a log file with the Focus options set to verbose please when you next get this problem. Like this...

These is no particular reason running autofocus manually versus triggering it from the scheduler should result in different answers so it may just be an intermittent problem, but lets see what the log says.

It would also be helpful to get a screenshot of the Focus->Mechanics and Process tabs just to see what other options you are using but the most important thing is the log.
1 year 1 month ago #91360
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you very much, John. I switched on logging and now let's wait for a clear night. I just got an idea if the problem cannot be simply the AF Overscan settings, which is indeed set to 100. The driver backlash is set to 0.
Regards, Michal
1 year 1 month ago #91362

• Thank you received: 282
Hi Michal,

Its possible there is a conflict around backlash compensation. I see you are using the OnStep focuser which I don't know anything about.

I see there is an active thread for OnStep here:
www.indilib.org/forum/development/1406-d...indi.html?start=1056

Whilst you wait for a clear night to get a log file, it might be worth just seeing if any other OnStep users have encountered/fixed this issue.

Regards,
John.
1 year 1 month ago #91368

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds