INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 0
I apologize for my lack of knowledge. How do I reset indi server for Player one? I'm going to run the script. Thank you very much.
1 month 1 week ago #100433

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 70
Just run "./misc/change_camera.sh" and select indi_playerone_ccd and then reboot.
1 month 1 week ago #100456

Hello! I resolved it by installing Ubuntu instead of Raspiberry OS. In Rasp the only drive that appeared was the simulator. This time the indi drivers were loaded correctly. Thanks.
1 month 1 week ago #100461

It sounds like you only built the core INDI library. You would have had to build the 3rd-party repo to get the additional drivers. I will work on making my instructions less confusing.
1 month 1 week ago #100462

• Thank you received: 3
With StellarMate, I normally connect to a weather station (where the all-sky camera is also located) that provides SQM data (lux sensor controlled by ESPHome and Node-RED) and GPS data (via an ESP32) via TCP. I normally connect to them using the INDI drivers, indi_gpsnmea for the GPS and indi_sqm for the SQM. Can I also connect to them with INDI AllSky, collecting the SQM data and the GPS position and time control?
2 weeks 3 days ago #100791

Hopefully, the indi_gpsnmea device will work with indi-allsky, but I have not tested the NMEA specific device myself.

indi-allsky will not be able to do anything with the SQM data directly, but it is still possible to read that data externally and use it as part of the image overlay.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100792

• Thank you received: 3
Currently, I am using a TSL2561 sensor controlled with ESPHome. This sensor gives me the value in lux. I convert this value to SQM with Node-RED, which also publishes it in TCP, converting the data as if it were a Unihedron SQM (Sky Quality Meter) reader. The indi_sqm driver connects via TCP to Node-RED, retrieving the value.
The GPS (neo6m) is connected to an ESP32 using the sketch provided by this site: www.forward.com.au/pfod/CheapWifiShield/...fiShield/NMEAbridge/ . Essentially, the ESP32 provides a UDP/TCP server with NMEA data that IndiLib can read with the indi_gpsnmea driver. So far, everything is working... I was wondering if AllSky could also connect (always with the Indi drivers) to these two "services" directly. What should I do to try to connect to the GPS with indi_gpsnmea?
2 weeks 3 days ago #100796

indi-allsky should be able to use the GPS device directly, but it will not be able to directly utilize the SQM device. It would be nice if there were a generic SQM type device and a simulator that could be used to test it, but I am unaware of that.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100798

• Thank you received: 41
Hello guys!

After updating my system and the allsky project, I am not able to view my camera remotely (outside my home network), only locally.

My port, external IP and DDNS work fine, cause I am logging in remotely into the unit (mini pc). But when I am trying the URL (external IP or DDNS) it is just loading and nothing happens.

Does anyone has any idea what to look for ?
1 week 4 days ago #100837

It is hard to say without seeing any details. Are you sure you are forwarding your traffic to port 443 on indi-allsky?

If you want to send me a PM with details to try remotely, I will see what I can find.
1 week 3 days ago #100838

Hello everybody! I have started integrating capabilities in indi-allsky to natively support reading sensors on SBC systems like Raspberry Pi. Currently, I have support for 14 different temperature and light sensors. The sensor data is made available for the Image Overlays and MQTT subsystem.

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki/Sensors

In addition, I have added support for natively controlling dew heaters. I am targeting standard dew heaters where the dew heater may be either on or off and PWM controlled dew heaters with variable settings. The dew heater may also be controlled with the sensor readings (above).

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki/Dew-Heater-Support

And finally, I also have native support for using a 28BYJ-48 stepper motor as a focuser for an all sky camera. When activated, an interface in the Focuser web view will allow you to move the stepper motor in different increments for focusing.

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki/Focuser-Device
22 hours 31 minutes ago #100955

Hello Aaron i have installed indi-allsky local but sensor BME280, MLX90614 and TLS2591 not function, in allSKy of TJ is ok.
I must transfer in my remote server all installation but i have big problems. Help me.
Regards.
Ettore
9 hours 26 minutes ago #100963
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.183 seconds