INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

OAG focuser

• Thank you received: 62

OAG focuser was created by Magnus Larsson

Hi!

I recently found this, to my mind great, project about buiding a DIY OAG focuser:

Why would anyone want an OAG focuser? Beacuse there might be focus shift between different filters, affecting the OAG. I have that issue with my photometric filters, where the Clear filter is far from parfocal with the BVRI filters.

However, there is no Indi driver to this great device. And I simply do not have the skill to produce one.

Anyone out there with both the skill and the need for this kind of device?

Magnus
1 year 1 month ago #91104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic OAG focuser

I'd like that too!
1 year 1 month ago #91139

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by Magnus Larsson on topic OAG focuser

Great!!

Are you willing and capable to code the driver? I'm willing to help out to the best of my abilities (unfortunately limited when it comes to coding)?

Magnus
1 year 1 month ago #91140

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Andre Kovacs on topic OAG focuser

Hello,

Indeed, this project is very interesting.

I was checking the github repo for the project and I noticed that the ASCOM implementation consists of two different drivers:
1- focuser driver for the motorized OAG/double helical focuser
2- filter wheel proxy/wrapper driver that commands a parameterized movement of the OAG focuser each time a filter change is requested (this piece is focuser and filter wheel agnostic)

For INDI, a similar solution would require an auxiliary filter wheel driver that acts as a proxy that intercepts each filter change and dispatches the filter change to the filter wheel driver and also dispatches the refocus movement to an OAG focuser driver (or any other focuser driver).

Unfortunately, the closest conceptual solution to this I found for reference in INDI was the weather safety proxy, but it differs a lot in its implementation.

Cheers,
Andre
2 months 2 weeks ago #98991

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by Joaquin on topic OAG focuser

I understood you can still get it by indigogo (www.indiegogo.com/projects/electronic-focuser)
2 months 2 weeks ago #98992

The campaign is for the ASCOM version (Windows only) and doesn’t ship outside the US.
2 months 2 weeks ago #98994

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Tunafish on topic OAG focuser

You should be able to use the driver property snoop mechanism to get notifications about filter changes. No proxy needed.
2 months 2 weeks ago #98995

Very interesting! Thanks!
For those interested in the property snoop mechanism, I found this reference page (pointing to the tutorial five on github): indilib.org/developers/deveioper-manual/...r-communication.html

Question: How will the EKOS focus settings work when two focuser drivers are present?
2 months 2 weeks ago #98998

Time to create page: 0.776 seconds