INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

kStars build 3.6.9 Focuser Simulator initial run question

• Thank you received: 1
HiWhen the Focuser Simulator is run for the first time it steps outward by twice as many steps as "expected" because it is seeded by 50.000 steps
When hovering over the position markers on the resultant chart the values shown in the pop up box sometimes do not match the values on the X or Y axis
In the attached image maker 2 is shown reporting the wrong values, this also happens on other markers regardless of zoom or the number of times run.
I have altered the Absolute Position seed value on the Focuser Simulator Main Control tab to something more appropriate say 37000, but there is no save or ok button.
Is this by design?
Once the simulator has a new calculated Steps value it works as expected i'e more symmetrical on subsequent runs untill KStars is re started
Have I missed something?

TM
2 months 2 weeks ago #99028
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 281
Hi Tony,

The sim starts at 50000. You can set the solve position to whatever you like in the Indi config. By default it is 36700. So in your example you are asking focus to solve starting from 13300 away from focus - hence the asymmetric graph.

If you want it to start at focus set the solve position to 50000.

The tooltip popups that highlight the datapoints are provided by QCustomPlot. Unfortunately they are a bit hit and miss (this is nothing to do with the sim) and depend how you approach the datapoint. In your screenshot the tooltip is for point 3 although you probably have your mouse near point 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Morris
2 months 1 week ago #99035

• Thank you received: 1
Hi John

Thanks for the explanation, I'm new to EKOS/INDI!
I have set my default to 50000 so the focus curve is symmetrical on the first attempt, this is also very far from my physical focusers position so I should not get "confused"
I presume there is some randomization applied to the focus frame results as the curve solution varies slightly
I have been going through your YouTube videos, very helpful
Just need some clear nights in the UK now!
Cheers
TM
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
2 months 1 week ago #99038

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds