INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem in an observation nigth

• Thank you received: 14
First of all thanks at all developer of indi-Ekos-Kstars, with your hard work is possible use my favorites Linux for Astronomical Hobby.
Now a little consideration/report after an observation nigth, ( problem i suffer during )
All with Canon EOS 500D ( total modified ) and Celestron C8 Nexstar GPS.

1) Is not possible set time of exposition inferior 1 sec. ( see photo of 0,001 and 1,000 )
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLNyiX82uRsOGdGV3VpUEhMXzA
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLNyiX82uRsVE1rX3B5XzVaeWM

2) When enable Preview in Canon mirror up and i see, ..when close preview ( disable ) not return mirror down, is necessary turn off camera. ( see video )
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLNyiX82uRsalNBQkNtM09GdDg

3) In two case when suffer of this problem all is crashed ( indi-ekos-kstars )

Next Observation, more report.

Thanks.
7 years 8 months ago #9742

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. Looks like the driver is using BULB mode for all exposure times. I updated it so that it only uses BULB for shots > 1 seconds long. Perhaps this should fix your issue. Update will be in tomorrow's PPA

2. Is there a GPhoto command to bring the mirror down? Not sure about this one, don't have the same issue on my DSLR.

3. Before you start your observation next time, run KStars via GDB so that if it crashes you can send a useful backtrace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
7 years 8 months ago #9745

Now have reply me gphoto user ( in gphoto mailing list ) ..yes exist a command for return mirror down:
gphoto2 --set-config viewfinder=0
..with this command mirror return down :)
Is possible add this command direct in ekos ? ( otherwise i have to disconnect camera from ekos/indi -> launch command -> reconnect in ekos/indi ).
Thx.
7 years 7 months ago #9946

I can add it to the GPhoto driver if necessary, will test it in a couple of days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
7 years 7 months ago #9947

You have add this ?

Another question, i add my old Meade DSI I ( test for use as autoguide ) when, in indi, go to save config return this error:
2016-09-09T08:58:21: Error saving configuration. Unable to open config file. Error loading file /home/pcxz/.indi/Meade Deep Sky Imager (I/II)_config.xml: No such file or directory
..i test also creating file myself ..same error.

Thx for all.
7 years 7 months ago #10098

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds