Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: C++ question - how to read the name of the available device

C++ question - how to read the name of the available device 2 months 6 days ago #16227

• wbirk
  • wbirk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
hello!
I have modified the INDI client example to quite an extent to read ccds - however, one thing I was not able to manage in the past few hours is the retrieval of the device connected. i have, for instance, an INDI server for the qhy running (as "indiserver - v indi_qh_ccd") and my old qhy device has the name "QHY CCD QHY5-0-M-" ... but upon connecting to the server, I fail to get the device name ... it should be INDI::BaseClient::getDevices(), right? does someone have a few lines of code where this works, I failed completely :D
yours
wolfi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C++ question - how to read the name of the available device 2 months 6 days ago #16234

The name is in the tutorial_client.cpp line #145. This function displays the name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbirk

C++ question - how to read the name of the available device 2 months 5 days ago #16253

• wbirk
  • wbirk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
thanks man ... this was a classical case of coders mental blockage ;)
yours
wolfi

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica