INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help resolving Load & Slew for subs...

• Thank you received: 109
I noticed this as well. Even though you can update it in Ekos and it has a pretty save button, it does not seem to do anything. I have to change it in INDI and then it shows up correct in the solver tab. @knro is the Ekos telescope info and Save button used for something else?
6 years 7 months ago #19379

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 24
Sorry for the double posts - traveling and slow connection. However, I am connecting to my gear, minus mount as no observatory, that is 5 time zones away though :) Attempting to prepare a session using the Telescope Simulator for a session when I return.

Anyhoooo... I also tired the --no-verify on and off. Still times out.

If anyone thinks of anything please let me know.
6 years 7 months ago #19380

• Thank you received: 46
Set your simulators to have the same focal length as the real one, then set the sim camera to have the same number and size of pixels as your real one, then save that configuration so when you load your simulator profile, it emulates your real hardware.
6 years 7 months ago #19384

Thank you. I should have been more specific. The cameras, EFW, and focuser are real and it is only the telescope that is simulated. The profile use all real drivers and equipment save the Telescope Simulator.

Aside, the CCD Simulator will not accommodate the sensor size needed to simulate the ASI1600.
6 years 7 months ago #19385

The "save" button in Ekos mount was indeed not working due to a simple mistake that was fixed here . Hopefully I can make another release soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
6 years 7 months ago #19388

Thank you. Setting in INDI for now does correct the FOV for load and slew. The image still will not solve by loading the fits file...

1. Does the Load & Slew try to load RA/Dec from the fits file? If so how to I tell Ekos to put them there so they are there next time?

2. The time out was changed to 480s and it stopped at 180s. This was done to see if the fits file would solve since it is doing it blindly

3. How to get the Load & Slew to Use (or not Use) the mount coordinates as a guess on where it is?

4. the load and slew will crash if there is more than one option set. Capture and Solve the following works: -d 11-20 -d 21-30. Only -d 11-20 can work. Adding any additional options and it fails.

Is there anything I can change to get the load and slew to work. I added the solve log above.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 7 months ago #19426

Good questions.

1. Load & Slew tries to load RA/DE/FocalLength from file, if not found it falls back to current values or blind solve.
2. Will check it out.
3. It falls back to mount coords when reading fails. or suppose to at least.

I'll check the logs and get back to you.
6 years 7 months ago #19440

If there are specific logs needed I can capture tonight. I am wondering if it is Kstars or mount. The above log is the astrometry verbose.

Thank you.
6 years 7 months ago #19441

I found some issues... working on it now and will get back to you soon.
6 years 7 months ago #19442

Ok, PPA is now getting built again so you can use the changes. I still do not know why RA/DE were not recorded since telescope name and focal length were recorded.. unless the RA/DE were never received by the CCD driver which would be odd. Try it again tonight and let me know if the coords are still missing.
The Load&Slew issue is working fine, but it was having problems reading FOCALLEN due to missing RA/DE, which should not affect each other, so that is fixed. So try to update in one hour and let's see.

Also included with it is some work I finished yesterday for Rotators and Position Angle. I'm going to start making videos in a few days to cover all the features in KStars/Ekos since I haven't done one in a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
6 years 7 months ago #19450

A quick test confirmed it worked. It actually finished in 179s - one second before time out, lol.

If things go right tonight I should be able to give it a good test, and check the FITS headers.

Thank you Jasem!
6 years 7 months ago #19457

Reason for 179 seconds is because there is still one last problem I fixed in GIT and will push PPA update for it tomorrow. It wasn't reading RA/DE correctly.
6 years 7 months ago #19459

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds