INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Strange Nexdome behavior

• Thank you received: 158
Does anyone know of a setting in EKOS/INDI that would cause my dome to stop rotating when it crosses the 360/000 point? I have noticed this a couple of times, but never paid much attention to it. I hav nit been imaging in the northern part of the sky. Until last night.

I was imaging and was pleased to watch EKOS do a perfect automated meridian flip, alignment, and re-calibration of the guider. Everything was great for about an hour and then I noticed that the SNR began dropping. I was running my gear remotely but couldn't see why this was happening. The sky was perfect - and the Moon had not climbed above the horizon yet.
Then I opened up my observatory video cam and noticed that the scope was no longer centered in the dome slot. I then looked at the dome status reports and saw that after it reached 000, it just stopped moving. I simply pressed "abort" and the dome immediately moved to the correct position.

I will try again tonight - and turn on error reporting. But if anyone knows of a setting that would cause this behavior, please let me know.
3 years 2 months ago #68003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds