INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Error setting RA/DEC using ioptron driver for CEM26

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have recently started using the StellarMate OS X on a mini-computer, and have successfully been able to set up my telescope, connecting to my DLSR D200 camera, ZWO guide camera and Ioptron CEM26 mount (via WiFi). However, during testing of slewing to different targets, I keep getting error messages that require frequent re-start of the mount connection. I appear to be using the correct driver, as it works for a while, but then errors out.

The error log file is attached. A representative error is as follows:
[2023-09-25T18:01:01.845 PDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron CEM26 : "[ERROR] Error setting RA/DEC. "
[2023-09-25T18:01:46.918 PDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron CEM26 : "[ERROR] bool IOPv3::Driver::getCoords(double*, double*, IOPv3::IOP_PIER_STATE*, IOPv3::IOP_CW_STATE*): Expected 20 bytes but received 23. "

Please help! I am so close to having a working telescope using INDI and Ekos but need to resolve this issue to move forward.

Thanks!
7 months 2 days ago #95975
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

is CME26 firmware up to date? I've seen this issue pop from time to time on WiFi connections. It appears the responses arrives out of order which causes these errors. I created a Pull-Request to try to address this issue but didn't get sufficient feedback before we can merge it in standard INDI release.
7 months 2 days ago #95976

• Thank you received: 41
Yeah, I remember that but after I finished my observatory I had the chance to connect my mini pc with an Ethernet cable, so no more troubleshooting and lost nights for me.
Probably you could take it from here and help Jasem to resolve it.
7 months 2 days ago #95980

Hi Jasem,

Thank you for the quick reply! The mount is working OK with a wireless connection to the hand controller using Asiair, so I don't think it is a mount-related issue per-se (FYI, I am trying to transition from Asiair to INDI/Ekos due to the vendor 'lock-in' and more limited features tthe Asiair has).

I have replied separately to the git-hub Pull-request, but I am not sure where or how to proceed from here. Forgive my naivete to the INDI forum and github, I just joined yesterday. I am also not an experienced programmer, and would need a modified and new compiled driver file to test on my system. Would it be possible for you to send me a new driver file to test?

Thanks!
7 months 2 days ago #95991

We can help you apply this to test. Just submit a ticket at StellarMate about this topic.
7 months 2 days ago #95992

Hi Euripides,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. It's good to hear that a wired connection works. That could be my back-up if I can't get the wireless connection to work reliably. Not the end of the world, but would be nice, as one less wire connection is always welcome.

Thanks!
7 months 2 days ago #95993

Hi Jasem,

I just submitted a ticket to StellarMate as you suggested.

Thanks for your help!
7 months 2 days ago #95994

Time to create page: 0.727 seconds