INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rpi GPIO Driver crashes

• Thank you received: 0
I've developed a Raspberry Pi Hat that uses GPIO Pins# 12 and 13 to control two MOSFETS via PWM as dew heaters. The RpiGPIO INDI driver was working perfectly for about an hour then just began crashing. The second time the driver loads, it takes kstars down with it (but not the Rpi). If I remove the driver from the Aux slot and start INDI, it works perfectly.
The only part I "messed with" was the "Timer Config" tab for Channel 1. I played around with it a bit then set everything back to the original values. Soon after that the driver began crashing and I have been unable to get it to work. I also saved and loaded the configuration under the "Options" tab.
I've submitted a support ticket to Jasem, but hopefully someone here has worked thru this issue before.
Thanks in advance for any help!!
3 months 2 weeks ago #98018
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Keith on topic Rpi GPIO Driver crashes

A bit of troubleshooting. . . . it appears the problem is when the driver attempts to load a configuration file. After setting up the GPIO pins, if you go to the "Options" tab and click "Save" the driver crashes if you then try to "Load", or when the driver attempts to "Load" the configuration file during startup. If I delete both configuration files out of the ".indi" folder, then the driver works.
3 months 2 weeks ago #98019

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic Rpi GPIO Driver crashes

Just came across this one in case it can be of use in the meantime.
indilib.org/develop/indiforjava/i4jdrive...-pi-gpio-driver.html
3 months 1 week ago #98190

Replied by Keith on topic Rpi GPIO Driver crashes

Thanks for the reply. The driver is working for now as long as I don't try to save the configuration or load it. The author and Jasem are aware and I believe are working on an update that will include Rpi-5 compatibility.
3 months 1 week ago #98217

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds