INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to change directory in EKOS Camera tab

• Thank you received: 3
I am unable the change the directory under the File Settings section in the EKOS camera tab. If I overwrite it from the file select button drop down the displayed value changes. However if any operation is performed it reverts to the original directory.
Additionally EKOS camera is configured to update locally and there is no card in the camera. The images are saved in ram and uploaded to kstars.
The kstar system is April 15 bleeding build. The local server is a PC running Fedora 37. The camera is a Canon T6 and is connected via USB.
I did change the camera file directory in INDI and it appears to be updated. However EKOS and INDI are out of sync over the directory.
1 year 4 weeks ago #92098

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Additional information:
I changed the directory in the camera tab and then exited and restarted kstars. Upon the reload the change to the camera store directory was maintained. I then went to the sequence window and configured a new sequence. I then rechecked the camera window, the directory was overwritten.
As a test I updated the directory and saved the esq file. I then went to the sequence window and reloaded the esq file. The new directory setting was maintained. However when I ran the sequence the directory in camera window was over written to the 'old' value. Is there a non visable directory value in the sequence window? If os how can it be modified?
1 year 4 weeks ago #92104

Additional information:
I reviewed the esq file and found the directory settings. I edited the path and saved the esq. I then ran the sequence and the data was saved to the new directory.
I then went into the camera window and loaded a second esq file and with the updated directory set on the window oversaved the esq file. I then edited the esq file and the directory was not updated. It would appear as thoght the esq file save process is incomplete.
1 year 4 weeks ago #92105

• Thank you received: 28
You can change directory in the following way.
---
To edit a job, double click it. You will notice the add button + now changed to check mark button ✓. Make your changes on the left-hand side of the CCD module and once done, click on the check mark button ✓.
---

This procedure is described in the following web page.
docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kstars/kstars/too...os.html#ekos-capture
Last edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by tkakura.
1 year 4 weeks ago #92136

Good morning and thank you for your response. I am not sure I follow to which screen you refering, is it the EKOS Camera window or the EKOS Sequencer window? The only place the file path is referenced is the Camera window so I assume you are referring to it. I have tried several times to change the file path and it was alway overwritten.
I do not know what you mean by 'edit' a job; I assume you are referring to an esq file. I have loaded the esq file; however I do not see any way to open the file in edit mode. The + box does not change to a 'check mark'.
Thanks again for your help.
1 year 4 weeks ago #92157

Follow up:
I was able to load the file and then open it in edit mode. However I was able ot edit the contents of the window on the screen. However saves did not update the file. A simple save did not actualy write the file. A save as did write the file however the file path field was not updated. The file field was edited to the new value on screen, the save as rewrote the file, however the value in the file was not changed.
1 year 4 weeks ago #92158

• Thank you received: 28
You should exit from edit mode to click on the check mark button ✓ before you save the sequence.
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by tkakura.
1 year 3 weeks ago #92179

Time to create page: 0.854 seconds