INDI SQM driver is included with libindi v1.7.9+
Under Ubuntu, you can install the driver via:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libindi1
The Astromechanics Light Pollution Meter is a handheld / PC based monitoring tool to measure sky brightness in mag/arcsec2. Measurements are compatible with Unihedrons Sky Quality Meter (SQM). It features :
- Measure sky brightness in mag/arcsec2
- Store measurements in FITS-Header of your astro images
- Store measurement logs for later analysis
Main Control Tab
- Connection: Connect or Disconnect device
- Readings: last measured sky brightness, its average, minimum, and maximum values. All measurements in mag/argsec2. NELM (naked eye limit measurement) based on the conversion formula found at http://unihedron.com/projects/darksky/NELM2BCalc.html.
- Reset: Reset statistics of readings.
- Record file: directory and filename to store measurement log of LPM.
- Save and Discard readings.
The USB connection is made on the default port, or by autosearch. The device is recognized as a USB Serial converter. Baudrate at 9600 is mandatory.
Polling period in ms.
No additional option as been implemented. Debug mode and configuration files are available.
Unit factory calibration data.
There can be connection issues via a USB Hub. If such a case happen :
- Make sure that the executable is stopped
- Check on which port the device is connected
- Adapt if necessary the default port value DEVICE_PORT in the configuration file .indi/Astromechanics_config.xml
- Start the driver again
There are no known bugs for this driver. If you found a bug, please report it at INDI's bug tracking system at SourceForge. (You can log in with a variety of existing accounts, including Google, Yahoo and OpenID.)