INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Running indi_server in docker (eqmod)

• Thank you received: 1
Hey folks, I'm trying to get the indi_server process running in docker with my rig. (All usb devices. Mostly zwo, with an eq6r-pro mount). For the most part it's been pretty easy. You can see my dockerfile here: github.com/twinkle-astronomy/twinkle/blo...ster/indi/Dockerfile . The command I run to start the image as a container is: `docker run --rm -it --name indi --privileged --net host indi /bin/bash`. FInally the command to run the indi server: `indiserver -v -m 1024 -r0 -d 1014 -l logs indi_eqmod_telescope indi_asi_ccd indi_asi_wheel indi_asi_focuser`.

The only thing that isn't working for me is eqmod. All of the other devices work so I know I'm passing usb into the container at least a little bit. It works when I run indi_server directly on the machine (with a system-wide indi install), so I know it could work (cables are plugged in correctly, kernel is supported, etc), but when I run the same command from within docker it's unable to connect.

Has anyone gotten this working? Also, I haven't gotten any feedback from eqmod about what is wrong. When I connect in kstars the other devices show in in the indi device manager, but when I click connect for the eqmod tab it waits a bit, then disconnects. The logs are empty. Is there a way to turn on more verbose debugging output?
6 months 3 weeks ago #96124

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I figured it out. I needed to change the baud rate.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96188

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds